DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

VLC Viewer doesn't show ISO/F Stop etc on my computer

Chip D

Reactions
I was watching one of my videos from my mini 4 pro on a friends computer. What amazed me was that while I was viewing it, in the bottom of the screen it had all the meta stuff I've always wanted on a viewer. Stuff like ISO, F Stop, Shutter speed etc. I asked what the viewer was and he said VLC. So I downloaded the VLC viewer. Great viewer, but on my computer it doesn't show all that stuff. Went back and looked at all his preferences etc, but can't find where that option is.

Does anybody know, or maybe another viewer that would show that stuff?

Thanks in advance.

I was watching one of my videos from my mini 4 pro on a friends computer. What amazed me was that while I was viewing it, in the bottom of the screen it had all the meta stuff I've always wanted on a viewer. Stuff like ISO, F Stop, Shutter speed etc. I asked what the viewer was and he said VLC. So I downloaded the VLC viewer. Great viewer, but on my computer it doesn't show all that stuff. Went back and looked at all his preferences etc, but can't find where that option is.

Thanks in advance.

Tools : Preferences : Subtitles/OSD and remove the check mark from Enable Subtitles.

Reactions: buddb55
For that to work, you need to have the drone record “subtitles” to the video. To enable it, go to the top right menu (three dots), camera tab, and search for the video subtitles option and enable it.

Then when copying footage from your drone, copy the MP4/MOV files and the SRT files as well (those are the subtitle tracks for the matching videos).

For that to work, you need to have the drone record “subtitles” to the video. To enable it, go to the top right menu (three dots), camera tab, and search for the video subtitles option and enable it.

Then when copying footage from your drone, copy the MP4/MOV files and the SRT files as well (those are the subtitle tracks for the matching videos).
That was it. I was only copying the MP4 file and not the subtitles.
Thanks.
Chip

I’m not sure that’s correct. That is, I’ve never once transferred that subs file and have always had access to the info (in all players/software) by pressing command and i or control and i.

🤔

I’ve never once transferred that subs file and have always had access to the info (in all players/software) by pressing command and i or control and i.
I think it depends on what format you're recording. Maybe some drones merge the subtitles into the mov file. I'm recording in MP4 H.265 on my Air 2 and the subtitles come as their own files.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas