DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Wailua Falls, Kauai Hawaii

I was really tempted to fly in that area when I was there (NP).
Nice video.

Last edited:
I did not fly in that area when I was there (NP).
Nice video.
It's actually a state park there are no National Parks in Kauai. There were 3 others flying drones with me as well phantom 4, phantom 3 4k, and another mavic pro. First time I seen that many drones in one place.

Last edited:
I stand corrected, still was really tempted when I was there, the place was packed.

I stand corrected, still was really tempted when I was there, the place was packed.
Yeah the summit of the fall was packed with people when I was there. I hiked down to the base of the fall about 0.3 miles down(very muddy) and flew from there to avoid the crowds. Not much people and the 3 other guys I saw that had drones took off from there as well.

Cool! I want to make this hike while here (until Sunday). Any other cool places you flew?

Cool! I want to make this hike while here (until Sunday). Any other cool places you flew?
Poipu Beach, Shipwreck Beach, Waimea Canyon, Kalalau Lookout

For anyone reading this for reference... Wailua Falls, Waimea Canyon, and Kalalau Lookout are all in Hawaii state parks where it is not legal to fly drones.

Poipu area is a great place to fly. The cliffs that begin at the far end of the Grand Hyatt and go for miles, interrupted only by some long secluded beaches, will keep you flying for many hours. Access these areas by driving past the Hyatt, continue down the dirt road past the CJM Stables. Google maps shows the Maha’ulepu Trail ending near here, but trails continue probably the entire coastline for many, many miles.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BHU