DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Wait for CS2 or buy now?

The only reason I could understand at the moment would be the double development of the updates for the apps of DJI. If the Crystal Sky 2 and the Smart Controller have the same hardware and software base, the updates would only have to be rewritten for one system in the future. On the other hand, DJI should have to continue to update their system, the old Crystalsky 1, so I don't see any point in releasing a new model right now.
Bernd2019, going to hold off purchasing CS Ultra for a couple more weeks. If I had not read this on Twitter a month or so ago:

"Tech spec of upcoming CrystalSky 2 is now crystal clear.
CPU: RockChips RK3399 hexa core A53 at 1.8GHz in 64-bit
GPU: ARM Mali-T864
RAM: 4GB LPDDR4
Screen: same as original CrystalSky, with Rec.2020 support.
Wireless connection: 802.11b/g/n/ac and Bluetooth (new) "

This comment has me a little gun shy on buying the current CS Ultra. A couple of weeks more (mid May) is not going to hurt me since the weather here (shore of Lake Erie in Ohio) is still not great for flying. Thanks for your comments.

Agreed. Unfortunately, people want to buy for next to nothing. The CS is not a garage sale item. Then the questions: what size is it, how many times have you used it, what color is it, original box it came, etc. Give me a break!

Well I’m well happy with my little 5.5 ? hope you sell it soon?

I know the CS is way brighter than a mini iPad but what other benefits are there? I have a mini iPad 2 that is apparently just not going to work (lots of image tearing likely due to slow processor) and so I am trying to buy the best option. I am new to flying so I appreciate any help, the phone works great but it’s of course tiny!)

Alan

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS