DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Wait for Mavic Pro II ?

I would rephrase it to be "Where did anyone get the assumption that there will be NO mavic pro II or any new enhanced mavic".
just look at dji site, it's all series. Phantom series, Mavic series, Inspire 1&2, Osmo and Osmo2.
dji will die if they don't keep producing new and enhanced product as per their customers demand.
That's the most basic rule of business. Look at apple, Samsung, car manufacture and the rest business world.
With regard to buying choice, I would read the market and make the choice that suites me. Since I already have the MP, I would definitely wait for something better. If you are a beginner and never had a drone before , I would recommend the air or the spark if you don't want to spend more than you need to.

You are 100% correct, only thing I hate is the more enhanced it gets the more faults that seem to arise in the software....yes I would love to see a Mavic Pro 2 (or what ever name it will be called) actually the more I look at the Mavic Pro (yes I have one) the more I want too see it being produced with updated and better options, after all, everyone loves the Mavic, its a great little Drone that can fit into just about anyones style of usage.

I have a pretty good deal ($1000 all in for a new drone, 3 batteries in total, 6 PL ND filters from PolarPro and a charging hub with extended feet and a remote lock)

Should I pursue or wait a couple of months to get the new one?

I prefer to take stills over videos and size is also important to me (I sound like a woman lol)
I got a deal similar to yours, I went and bought it and got it into the air. if you wait it might be sometime before you get in the air.

Hi, the Mavic Pro 1 takes terrific stills as well as video.
Hey, that's a really good quality picture and proves my point perfectly. Ironbridge Gorge, Shropshire, birthplace of the industrial revolution? Isambard Brunel's cast iron bridge.

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_1a97.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_1a97.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 63
Reactions: MAVA4
As with any modern technology, you buy the latest, most sophisticated piece of equipment and, surprise, surprise, a few months later something better is allegedly about to appear on the market!

Nobody wins except the manufacturers. Users will always be one step behind the development curve - law of marketing!

If the available device you see meets your immediate needs (and/or wants) than buy it. Of course you'll want to upgrade a year or so later but that's the way of the world. In the meantime you'll have had a lot of enjoyment from what you bought. If you just wait, then, as someone already said, you'll never buy anything and spend your whole life frustrated and waiting for the perfection which will never be realised.

With something as good as the Mavic Pro, you'll have many hours of enjoyment and satisfaction and, if the upgrade eventually becomes available, you'll pay a lot of money for small improvements to what you already have. It's called the law of diminishing returns! Just look at the iPhone - very little useful improvement from the 6 to the present offering.

Reactions: SeaParrot
Sorry, but this picture is extreme low quality. Very high noise level is everywhere (look at the sky) and the water is like a watercolor drawing, because of low quality jpeg engine.

Reactions: Euge
Not sure the Mavic III, IV or V will improve the image quality too much. P4P has 1" sensor and the picture quality is not really good. I will be pleased for the Mavic to see better images than high end phones, because it has a dedicated and much bigger camera.

I have a Mavic Pro, and await the upgrade. Then I too will sell off mine with Acces. to upgrade to the latest Tech.
Thats how I operate.
No hurry, my MP is producing great footage and pics in the mean time.

Some are speculating there is a Mavic Pro II and that it's going to have a 1" camera sensor but Dji is holding off releasing it until just before Autel releases the version of the Autel Evo that has a 1" sensor. There are going to be three versions of the Autel Evo but the first one being released has the same sensor as the current Mavic Pro. The speculation is Dji was all set to release it then found out Autel isn't releasing their 1" version till later this year or even next year so they put it on the back burner until then. In the meantime, the current Mavic line up is selling well so they can afford to wait.

All speculation but it does fit with Dji's past business practices.

That is because of DJIs spring sale 20% discount. The big question is what happens after this campaign. Prices going up again or MP2 is coming

I bought my Mavic pro in Jan for $799 from best buy, so I think it's s registry promo price that will be repeated.

I've been reading about people waiting for the Mavic Pro II now since November last year, and it still haven't even been announced yet.

Yeah, I'm sure it will be released eventually, or they might go more high end, and produce something more pro quality for 50% higher in price.

I'm could see waiting for the new version IF it had already been announced, but waiting for something that's been only rumor for 6 months is pretty foolish imho.

The way I see it is that there has to be a new Mavic Pro in the offing simply because the Mavic Air beats the MP in some areas.

DJI is waiting with the release MP2 until the Mavic Air sales are calming down. MP1 is discounted to clear stocks. Just my 5 cents

The way I see it is that there has to be a new Mavic Pro in the offing simply because the Mavic Air beats the MP in some areas.
Don’t you mean that Air. The air was always meant to be a replacement for the spark not the MP. Mavic pro is so much better than the air.

Reactions: Marco Cantieni
How much "Better" can the maybe-coming MP2 be?
If you are not a professional photographer, by that I mean someone who actually gets paid money for their photos, then do you need a bigger camera and a few more minutes when we are basically hobby flyers?
Most ppl dont even have a PC or TV that can cope with 4K & high frame rates anyway so the fact is our audience doesn't really know the difference, only we do.
That's a great price bundle grab it and start having fun now, otherwise you might get hit by a bus while you are waiting :)

How much "Better" can the maybe-coming MP2 be?
That's a great price bundle grab it and start having fun now, otherwise you might get hit by a bus while you are waiting :)

Well from that point of view go grab a Parrot Disco. Great flying performance, fly like an eagly feeling, and a very long flight time. The video quality is sufficient because not much people do have 4k telly anyways [emoji6]

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929