DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Wait for Mavic Pro II ?

Lol, I am 66 and have seen many, including friends, die young and unexpectedly, heart attacks, Cancer, car accidents, substance abuse, disease.
You can't assume a long life so live as if you have a short one.

Reactions: stuckinbis
Lol, I am 66 and have seen many, including friends, die young and unexpectedly, heart attacks, Cancer, car accidents, substance abuse, disease.
You can't assume a long life so live as if you have a short one.
How true

I have a pretty good deal ($1000 all in for a new drone, 3 batteries in total, 6 PL ND filters from PolarPro and a charging hub with extended feet and a remote lock)

Should I pursue or wait a couple of months to get the new one?

I prefer to take stills over videos and size is also important to me (I sound like a woman lol)

The Mavic Pro II is months away, probably the end of the year, and there is always a new drone, car, camera, whatever on the horizon, you can wait forever if you are trying to get ahead of the tech curve. The question is, do you need a drone now or later?

I'll wait for my first drone. I'm into photography (vs video) so 1" is a bare minimum. Regarding portability: Mavic size is like a lens in my photo bag. So the speculation over Mavic pro II, for the first time, fits my need of portability and quality.

There is no Mavic Pro ll! It has only been a rumor for over a year now!
A new drone from DJI will not be named after the Mavic!
There are enough mavic models.
DJI is very clever when it comes to new names when marketing a new product.
I expect something designed after the MA, however slightly larger in scale to the MP.
Does anyone have a idea of what it will be called, NO!:eek:
If you had to guess, What will you call it? Certinantly Not MP2!o_O:D

All I want is a copter with at least the abilities of a Phantom 4 pro in a Mavic like form factor by the end of July 2018. If its 20% larger than the MP I can live with that. Pricepoint 1800.- max

Reactions: josedp123
It matters not what the new model will be called. I see the folding range of DJI drones as having three tiers - Spark, Air and Pro. The recently released Air has several features which are missing from the Pro, to the extent that some reviewers are recommending the Air over the Pro. I cannot see this situation being allowed to persist for too long - features included in the mid-range model which are absent on the premium model.

Further, DJI's dominance in this sector will soon be under challenge from Autel - DJI will have to address that threat.

I still expect a DJI announcement by the time the Evo is released for sale.

Further, DJI's dominance in this sector will soon be under challenge from Autel - DJI will have to address that threat.

I still expect a DJI announcement by the time the Evo is released for sale.

I don‘t believe DJI is watching Autel the way they‘ve watched GoPro. Autel is too small and the EVO won‘t be significantly better a new Mavic will be (or what will be its name then). Instead DJI is watching their Mavic Air sales to a point where its right to bring out the new bird. Bringing it to early would ruin the Airs sales. My guess is August

I don‘t believe DJI is watching Autel the way they‘ve watched GoPro. Autel is too small and the EVO won‘t be significantly better a new Mavic will be (or what will be its name then). Instead DJI is watching their Mavic Air sales to a point where its right to bring out the new bird. Bringing it to early would ruin the Airs sales. My guess is August
My guess is 2019 ..2020

I have a pretty good deal ($1000 all in for a new drone, 3 batteries in total, 6 PL ND filters from PolarPro and a charging hub with extended feet and a remote lock)

Should I pursue or wait a couple of months to get the new one?

I prefer to take stills over videos and size is also important to me (I sound like a woman lol)

Image1523429609.260915.jpgImage1523429609.260915.jpgImage1523429609.260915.jpg
Keep Mavic pro, will always be one of there best consumer drones made

It is no point to bring a new product to the market. Dji sells well Air and Mavic for the moment think about what will happen with Air then

„for the moment“ That is the point. I believe this moment could end in 2018 not only in 2019/2020 like you assume

They normally do pre orders in November, lucky if you get one for Xmas, then the shops are fully of stock by March April. Love my Mavic Pro, will take a lot to beat it. Will the new offering be worth the extra money to do the same job? Probably not. What ever they name it, it will have ‘X’ in the title [emoji23][emoji23]

Don't hold your breath. There are more factors in play besides pure commercial strategies. The drone laws and regulations are being adopted once again in many countries, especially those that follow the recently published EASA regulation recommendations, which is most European countries. The Mavic line (actually everything from the Spark and up) might become suddenly less attractive for consumers.

I wouldn't be surprised if DJI's cooperation with Rize (Tello) is shaping the things to come. Very light and small but relatively capable drones with tiny but relatively high quality cameras. DJI might just as well hit the market first with a 'Tello Pro'. And I would also not be surprised if the MP2 will be delayed indefinitely because of all this.

Maybe that's why Autel is delaying their EVO as well. But I'm just speculating of course.

But speculations is all we have when it comes to MP2 and EVO right now.

Don't hold your breath. There are more factors in play besides pure commercial strategies. The drone laws and regulations are being adopted once again in many countries, especially those that follow the recently published EASA regulation recommendations, which is most European countries. The Mavic line (actually everything from the Spark and up) might become suddenly less attractive for consumers.

I wouldn't be surprised if DJI's cooperation with Rize (Tello) is shaping the things to come. Very light and small but relatively capable drones with tiny but relatively high quality cameras. DJI might just as well hit the market first with a 'Tello Pro'. And I would also not be surprised if the MP2 will be delayed indefinitely because of all this.

Maybe that's why Autel is delaying their EVO as well. But I'm just speculating of course.

But speculations is all we have when it comes to MP2 and EVO right now.
Interesting perspective, makes a lot of sense. The Tello is quite good for what it is, especially for the price (1/8th the Mavic Air).

Lots of speculation...

I like how Dji loves to revolutionize the drone world. It would be fun if they did something no one sees coming, like 1 hour flight time, or the ability to fly in the rain.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS