DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Waiting for Drone

Acorn

Reactions
Good afternoon. Finally spent $ and ordered a drone. I’ve got the Mavic air 2 on its way. Very nervous about this. Can see $900 heading out over the ocean and sailing away. Printed out the owner’s manual on line. Want to know as much as I can before it arrives. Any particular videos I should watch or beginner tips? Thank you in advance from Naples Florida

Reactions: Waldo Pepper
welcome,
it was recommended when I joined this forum to just play around with the props off before I took off. I had never turned on a drone before and just playing around with motor start and stops. Then playing with the camera. First flight the unit was set to i think beginner mode which slowed everything down in a good way.

I am a constant lurker in the crash and flyaway forum here and learned quite a bit on what not to do, alot of posts about honest mistakes and they have some very good experts that explained what happend from fligh data.

I am still verry much a beginner because I only get to fly like once or twice a month and have only had the drone for just shy of a year.

Welcome to the forum! :)

Want to know as much as I can before it arrives. Any particular videos I should watch or beginner tips?
Check out my getting started guide here.

Try not to over think things . My first drone was the MM and was the same thinking. Read ,read , read and you will be fine . Watch 100’s of YT videos and you will be more confident.
Fail to prepare, prepare to fail ?

Reactions: THE CYBORG
Thank you. I’m sure I’ll have many many questions
Hi Acorn welcome to Mavic Pilots.

My usual advice is,

Wide open space until you get the hang of things.

Slow & easy.

Power lines & trees are evil.
Thank you. Got the owner’s manual on line. Printed it out with pages in clear plastic protectors and binder Will be adding to it. Thanx for your input

Reactions: THE CYBORG
I read hundreds of posts /reviews
Watched every tutorial on the web
Got to my chosen site for the first flight
. Launched.
Was amazed at how easy it was to fly
Totally forgot everything I thought I'd learned..
3 flights under my belt now and I'm not doing too bad.
Even if i do say so myself.
Just need to get a PhD in photography now

I think the biggest thing that no one has mentioned is the battery activation and charging!

You MUST MUST MUST charge EACH batter on the charger alone the first time. Do NOT put all the batteries on the charging bus together!

Why!?

Oops

Edit: literally just unboxed a MA2 combo and charged 3 on the dock for the first time. No issues.

Saw this post but I'm not sure if it's relevant anymore

Fix for DJI Mavic Air 2 battery activation problem - DroneDJ

Last edited:
So glad they appear to have fixed this, or came up with a workaround. I saw posts where people were acting like this should somehow be common knowledge for some reason. I guess people were having to send batteries back, which after waiting so long would be so frustrating.

Reactions: Acorn
I think the biggest thing that no one has mentioned is the battery activation and charging!

You MUST MUST MUST charge EACH batter on the charger alone the first time. Do NOT put all the batteries on the charging bus together!
Why?. Wait, I just saw the above link.. interesting. Just ordered one, not sure how long it takes to get one direct from DJI, but I’m excited to get it!

Reactions: Acorn
So glad they appear to have fixed this, or came up with a workaround. I saw posts where people were acting like this should somehow be common knowledge for some reason. I guess people were having to send batteries back, which after waiting so long would be so frustrating.
It didn't work for me
Mine wouldn't activate
Tried everything
Nothing worked

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Va1entin