DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Want source for right angle cable

Brojon

Reactions
I'm about fed up. Tried 4 dang times on Amazon for a short, 8-12" USB to right angle lightning cable to attach my iPad Mini.
Every. single. time. I received a micro usb - not a lightning connector.
I know some folks have bought these - so can someone share a proven Amazon number for one? I don't even care if it's the large or reversible USB (side connector)
Thx!!

I'm about fed up. Tried 4 dang times on Amazon for a short, 8-12" USB to right angle lightning cable to attach my iPad Mini.
Every. single. time. I received a micro usb - not a lightning connector.
I know some folks have bought these - so can someone share a proven Amazon number for one? I don't even care if it's the large or reversible USB (side connector)
Thx!!
I think @msinger sells these.

Reactions: Brojon
f7f295ed53c3cb39f8fa9048ee0cad86.jpg

Reactions: harryb
How long have you been using these? Do you recall if they were marked as "MFI"? I've found that cables that aren't MFI tend to work up to the time there's a major iOS update and then you get dreaded error messages and functionality disabled.
I've been using them for about 3-4 weeks now with no problem that I can tell of and I'm fairly certain I received an iOS update on my iPad since I've had this cable but I can't be 100% certain.
I don't recall them being labeled or marked as MFi though.

Hi Guys as you can see I am a nube to this forum and drones for that matter.

I just got a new Mavic Pro for Xmas and I am currently purchasing all the other accessories that go with owning a new drone (it doesn't stop at just the drone, does it) ;) anyway I have been searching high and low trying to find a suitable cable for attaching my Mavic controller to my newly acquired iPad Mini 4 when I stumbled across the actual DJI branded cable that is used for the Phantoms, Inspires etc. it looks well built and is only 260mm long and will certainly be licensed by Apple so should also be forwards compatible.

It gets better, the official DJI website are currently (at time of doing this post) doing a :)BOGOF:) (Buy One Get One Free) which is awesome. I have just purchased 1 for $29 AUD as I live in Australia which is around $22 to $23 USD and my order confirms that I have another cable included with my order @ $0 (that is zero $$$ in AUD & USD ;)). Even if DJI were not doing the BOGOF I would still definitely only buy this genuine cable that way I should hopefully have no issues with connectivity etc. and don't have to worry about the lightning end coming off in my tablets connection port like some of these other cables do and I won't mention any specific brand but Amazons reviews speak for themselves.

I don't know if you guys already knew that this cable existed but I just thought I would share my find as a nube as I have spent ages trying to make a decision on what cable to buy but once I found the DJI cable it was a no brainer for me and I hope this helps others make a decision on what cable to buy for connecting the iPad Mini to the Mavic controller.

https://store.dji.com/product/rc-cable?set_country=au&gclid=Cj0KCQiA-ebSBRC8ARIsAGuxJIpN-jESjQo9gpxOHrGLmc7ghROYbQSDHB9NCX20wGf3rmaWqDUWmIUaAr1qEALw_wcB&vid=21681DJI RC Cable.JPG

Reactions: Gyroman222

I just got a new Mavic Pro for Xmas and I am currently purchasing all the other accessories that go with owning a new drone (it doesn't stop at just the drone, does it) ;) anyway I have been searching high and low trying to find a suitable cable for attaching my Mavic controller to my newly acquired iPad Mini 4 when I stumbled across the actual DJI branded cable that is used for the Phantoms, Inspires etc. it looks well built and is only 260mm long and will certainly be licensed by Apple so should also be forwards compatible.

It gets better, the official DJI website are currently (at time of doing this post) doing a :)BOGOF:) (Buy One Get One Free) which is awesome. I have just purchased 1 for $29 AUD as I live in Australia which is around $22 to $23 USD and my order confirms that I have another cable included with my order @ $0 (that is zero $$$ in AUD & USD ;)). Even if DJI were not doing the BOGOF I would still definitely only buy this genuine cable that way I should hopefully have no issues with connectivity etc. and don't have to worry about the lightning end coming off in my tablets connection port like some of these other cables do and I won't mention any specific brand but Amazons reviews speak for themselves.

I don't know if you guys already knew that this cable existed but I just thought I would share my find as a nube as I have spent ages trying to make a decision on what cable to buy but once I found the DJI cable it was a no brainer for me and I hope this helps others make a decision on what cable to buy for connecting the iPad Mini to the Mavic controller.

https://store.dji.com/product/rc-cable?set_country=au&gclid=Cj0KCQiA-ebSBRC8ARIsAGuxJIpN-jESjQo9gpxOHrGLmc7ghROYbQSDHB9NCX20wGf3rmaWqDUWmIUaAr1qEALw_wcB&vid=21681View attachment 28712
heres a left and right,much cheaper
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N337FQF/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Your link is for micro USB to USB, to attach an iPad to the Mavic Pro you need a lightning to USB cable, personally if there is a genuine DJI cable that works then I just wouldn't use a third party cable for the sake of a few extra bucks, but that may be just me as I like to keep everything OEM if possible and with DJI's current BOGOF promotion then it is a no brainer to me as I can use one and have a spare for the price of 1 cable.

I got mine from Drone Valley @ $11.95 with free shipping

I got mine from Drone Valley @ $11.95 with free shipping

Did you purchase a custom cable and not a genuine DJI cable?, my reply was really about it being a genuine OEM DJI cable for a few more bucks as I don't understand that when you can use a genuine OEM cable then why purchase a slightly cheaper 3rd party cable. You may save a couple of bucks on the cable but your Mavic & iPad setup with extra batteries and accessories has probably cost you nearly $2K, as I mentioned I personally would only buy genuine OEM products when possible and that goes for anything I purchase and with DJI's current BOGOF deal then you get 2 genuine OEM cables for the price of 1. Very nice MG by the way, I live in Australia but I am from Scotland so love to see a nice British car as I very rarely see an MG over here in Oz

I doubt it was genuine DJI. Drone Valley has a You Tube on it and other accessories and I had been frustrated about several I had bought being too long from controller to iPad mini4. Used it without issues for 4-5 weeks. Good luck

https://store.dji.com/product/rc-cable?set_country=au&gclid=Cj0KCQiA-ebSBRC8ARIsAGuxJIpN-jESjQo9gpxOHrGLmc7ghROYbQSDHB9NCX20wGf3rmaWqDUWmIUaAr1qEALw_wcB&vid=21681View attachment 28712
Hi DAV8IE
How did you get it shipped to Australia when the country was greyed out?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54