DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Warning - Buying from TomTop

I have had issues with these scumbags as well, luckily it was only a battery and not a drone! AVOID AVOID!

Anyone have experience with buying inexpensive items from TomTop (was looking at ~$40 GoPro alternatives)? Delivery times, returns, etc. Want an inexpensive 4K action camera, tired of paying $400 to greedy GoPro...

I have bought two: A cheapy EKEN for $30 and a Firefly H6 for $99.. Firefly has image stabilization and is great to stick on top of the Mavic or RC Cars. :) GearBest has the deal right now: HawKeye Firefly 8S 4K WiFi Sports Camera 170 Degree FOV 170 DEGREE LENS-$99.99 Online Shopping| GearBest.com

It takes anywhere from 2-8 weeks to get here; depends on when they actually ship it and how long it takes the container to fill up. You can pay for better shipping; the GearBest offer has a free shipping upgrade -- just make sure you dig into the shipping options to find it.

Cashback with which site? Mine tracked at £97, hopefully they pay.

What's the downside of the Mavic being made in May 2017?

I thought I got good service from them. Delivered by UPS within 7 days, no customs to the UK. Box was had no damage.
Giving Assistant. They told me that they were not able to track the cookie to my purchase, so there goes my money :/ I did it exactly like couple purchases before which went okay, but this one was not recognized, and there is no way to get it back unfortunately :(

Giving Assistant. They told me that they were not able to track the cookie to my purchase, so there goes my money :/ I did it exactly like couple purchases before which went okay, but this one was not recognized, and there is no way to get it back unfortunately :(

Unlucky. Any percentage on a big purchase like that would've helped.

i got mine from tomtop last thursday - got it for 830euro which is lot lower than 1200 they ask here - bought it from china warehouse, came in 10days with DHL - no tax/customs.

The box which the mavic came in looked like it was chewed by Daenerys dragons - but inside everything was ok.

Activated without any issue, and i also bought DJI Care refresh which also worked (in EU - 119Eur). I'm still pretty sure that the warranty won't be applied here in EU, but at least i could get the refresh in case something happens. Other than that my drone flies well, has no issues whatsoever. Only drawback is that if i checked the SN of the Mavic it says it was made on 27th of May 2017.

My issue with tomtop is that they didn't honor the 9% cashback, which was handy money (at least for one more battery)- overall i'm satisfied, but probably would not buy from TomTop, rather from Gearbest :)
got mine from Tomtop for 820€ with no issue and a 11% cashback from shoop.
All is fine untill today except NFZ ;)

got mine from Tomtop for 820€ with no issue and a 11% cashback from shoop.
All is fine untill today except NFZ ;)

You received the cashback already? Is that €820 - 11%? Bloody good deal.

td;lr

While in some markets TomTop’s price is substantially lower than other options, you’ll have NO warranty and NO support if you have any issues.

———
The longer story
A few months ago, my Mavic was stolen, including all my accessories.

Not a day’s gone by without thinking about it and missing shots I might’ve gotten if I’d still had it. So I did my research and found TomTop had them on sale. I did some googling and found nothing too concerning and many positive comments so went ahead and ordered another Fly More Combo.

I decided to order from their European warehouse which was a bit more expensive, to ensure there’d be no VAT, customs or warranty issues. Total price seemed excellent: 1098 €.

When it arrived last Saturday, I charged everything and went through the process of activating it. In the final stages of setting up, I got this message, which is apparently new:

"Your DJI product has been determined to be from an unauthorized source. As such, your one-year product warranty has not been activated. Please contact your seller to arrange an exchange."

I immediately contacted both TomTop and DJI support to try and understand what was behind the message.

Five days later, following many follow ups, TomTop Support has been silent – despite a relatively swift response to a previous issue about problems in completing an order on their website, which leads me to think it’s not simply a matter of being behind on emails.

In the meantime I’ve had a number of back-and-forths with DJI Support, with Blair finally confirming that...

“...this message shows up because the dealer does not register the aircraft in his system so the aircraft does not have warranty. This operation is specially for dealers in China.

We recommend you to exchange the product from the dealer or get the dealer to register the aircraft in our system.”

So, this appears to be a means of avoiding/minimising “grey market” sales.

It is possible to buy offshore, but DJI doesn’t offer international warranties, so IF you have a warranty issue, you need to send the machine to the market in which you purchased it. Even this doesn’t apply to TomTop however, as they’re not registering the aircraft they buy.

In the interest of ensuring people know what they’re getting into, I’m posting this on both MavicPilots and DJI’s forum.

Thnx for the info, was going to order something from them. Not now.

Reactions: GrigoriosT
Another update. Since my first email response from TomTop (after 6 days if waiting), TomTop appear to be stalling. I was asked first for my order number (which they could've found as its the only order placed with my email address). After another wait (and assurances that they're working quickly to resolve) I get another email asking for more info (although I'd provided all the info required in my first email) then after another long wait I get an email asking me to send a video showing the issue. I sent that last yesterday.
Thanks for the excellent suggestions of getting the credit card company or PayPal involved, which I'm likely to do, but I'd wanted to see if and how TomTop would handle first, as I really needed to get back up and running asap and didn't want to have to wait for this to be resolved before ordering a new drone, as I'm travelling.

Another update. Since my first email response from TomTop (after 6 days if waiting), TomTop appear to be stalling. I was asked first for my order number (which they could've found as its the only order placed with my email address). After another wait (and assurances that they're working quickly to resolve) I get another email asking for more info (although I'd provided all the info required in my first email) then after another long wait I get an email asking me to send a video showing the issue. I sent that last yesterday.
Thanks for the excellent suggestions of getting the credit card company or PayPal involved, which I'm likely to do, but I'd wanted to see if and how TomTop would handle first, as I really needed to get back up and running asap and didn't want to have to wait for this to be resolved before ordering a new drone, as I'm travelling.
All these emails are going to help your dispute against them. Don't delete the emails.

DO NOT BUY FROM TOMTOP.

Have first respect to yourself and never buy from them as Tomtop and their personal have no respect as individuals or as a company.

I have all mails collected and not modified or anything else as proof.

When I see people having trouble with them I will always take time to post.

They are Scumbags.

I ordered a digital microscope and asked (I might be stupid or heavy on understanding)will I pay taxes or customs for my country Greece, they replied ..don’t worry no customs or taxes, and I paid nearly the same price of the microscope in taxes, they denied everything even when I sent them the mail that they sent me, then I was refunded 10% (only after I reviewed their service to Trustpilot review site)

Last month again. I ordered a Wltoys rc car, on the site they said …Duty free shipping, so I sent them a mail, Duty free means that I will not pay customs or taxes when I receive my order?

They replied YES no customs or taxes, and of course I paid taxes and customs, they sent a mail that they will make a partial refund and then they denied it, after again (reviewed their service to Trustpilot review site) they gave me a partial refund.

I am now looking for a Mavic Pro Platinum Fly More combo and of course I will buy it from my country with monthly payments with my card and that’s it, maybe 300 euros more, because I am fed up with this ****.

I wish you good luck,as chasing them with PayPal or credit card as a Fraud sale you might get somewhere

Thanks for your time.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_