DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

"Warning: insufficient storage space..."

DUAS

Reactions
My SC appears to be maxed out on storage and I can’t figure out why. It says I’m using 10.81GB out of 11.24GB available. The ‘other’ location says it’s using up 10.09GB of that, but I can’t find the culprit files/folders.

When powering on, I get the error: "Warning: insufficient storage space. Unable to save photos and videos or install apps. Clear space and try again."

It’s not additional apps, offline maps, or recordings.

Anyone else experience this? What was the remedy? Ideas?

I’m in a hurry to leave for a few days and am out of ideas and out of time. I can’t seem to find anything about this issue when searching here and elsewhere.

Thanks.

My SC appears to be maxed out on storage and I can’t figure out why. It says I’m using 10.81GB out of 11.24GB available. The ‘other’ location says it’s using up 10.09GB of that, but I can’t find the culprit files/folders.

When powering on, I get the error: "Warning: insufficient storage space. Unable to save photos and videos or install apps. Clear space and try again."

I’m in a hurry to leave for a few days and am out of ideas and out of time. I can’t seem to find anything about this issue when searching here and elsewhere.

Thanks.
If you can't find the problem/issue, then you might try adding an sd-card to the Smart Controller to provide more space.

But have you hooked it up to a computer and navigated up and down the folder structure? Have you installed any 3rd party apps? You mention offline maps - have to erased the ones you've saved as a test? I wonder if an update "package" that was downloaded for installation did not fully get erased after use? I don't remember if there's a way to force a reboot which might do some housekeeping.

Good luck.

Reactions: Thomas B and DUAS
Since likely you're only using the SC's Android to run DJI related apps, likely the space is used by video cache. It may also contain videos/photos you may have wirelessly transfered from the AC. That all should be under one of the subfolders under the DJI parent folder.

Reactions: ff22

Thanks.

Add a 64 or 128 GB high speed micro sd card in the ac and smart controller, and set it up to save to that sd card. Problem solved, clear off some pictures once in a while. You can go a long time with no problems with that setup. These cards are pretty reasonable priced, just make sure you get an ultra or extreme write speed card.
I think it is the ac that is giving you that notice, it's just displaying on the smart controller. The ac has a very limited amount of "onboard" built in memory. Videos are saved there and it fills up very fast. When you install an sd card on the aircraft, it will ask you if you want to switch to it.

Reactions: Thomas B
Even if you switch to an internal SD card (I use a 128GB u3) the warning may still come up, but your footage will be on the SD card, and on the SD card in the Mavic. The advantage of the footage being on the SC is the ability to view the footage at will. The SD card in the drone will retain your footage regardless of what the ”not so” Smart Controler does.

Reactions: Thomas B
Add a 64 or 128 GB high speed micro sd card in the ac and smart controller, and set it up to save to that sd card. Problem solved, clear off some pictures once in a while. You can go a long time with no problems with that setup. These cards are pretty reasonable priced, just make sure you get an ultra or extreme write speed card.
I think it is the ac that is giving you that notice, it's just displaying on the smart controller. The ac has a very limited amount of "onboard" built in memory. Videos are saved there and it fills up very fast. When you install an sd card on the aircraft, it will ask you if you want to switch to it.
According to OP's original post, he stated Android storage statistics with less than 1GB left, and 10GB being data classified as "other".

According to OP's original post, he stated Android storage statistics with less than 1GB left, and 10GB being data classified as "other".

I could be wrong but it seems he is talking about the smart controller. While this does have an Android operating system, my guess is the message is regarding the storage on the bird. I have a m2z and sc as well, and after just a few short flights (while recording) I got this message as well. While I had put a 128 GB card in the sc, I had neglected to put one in the aircraft. I put one in the ac, and was presented with the option to save to it and the problem was over. I later figured out how to download and clean files from it, and never had issues with it again. This might not be what he's experiencing, but was worth a mention. When I saw the notice I had no idea if it was talking about the smart controller or the aircraft. It's been some time now, so just going by memory.

Reactions: Gindra and ff22
Go prompts about AC storage is different, and you can't get storage statistics about the AC storage that the OP described. What he described is exactly what an Android would produce.
Besides, onboard storage on the AC is 8GB, not 11GB like OP stated. 11GB is probably usable internal storage on an SC.

Thanks.

Same problem it seems to be in the encrypt folder within the other folder. they are .pro.fw.sig files. I don't know what these are so I am afraid to just start deleting them. Customer support is zero help.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjauuu