DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Warning that says : "Aircraft in Geo Zone. Unable to take off"

Status
Not open for further replies.
The answer depends on where you are trying to fly. That message could mean you are in restricted airspace. If you share your location, I'm sure someone can advise you further here.

The answer depends on where you are trying to fly. That message could mean you are in restricted airspace. If you share your location, I'm sure someone can advise you further here.
Im in my house. I cant fly my 1,400 dollar drone in my own house?

• Haha
Reactions: tlswift58
Im in my house. I cant fly my 1,400 dollar drone in my own house?

Restricted airspace doesn't apply indoors, but your drone has no way of knowing you are inside if it's able to get a GPS lock, so it assumes you are outside. I wouldn't suggest you fly your $1400 drone indoors though, unless you want to crash it.

How do i get around this message? newbie here
Assuming you are in the U.S., you need LAANC approval. It may not be possible depending on NFZ designations where you are trying to fly.

Without your 107 you may not be able to get it or may have a limited altitude.

Also note that DJI does occasionally program the areas incorrectly. If so, contacting FAA and then DJI provided FAA says it’s OK to fly/TO where you are trying.

Reactions: theDRONEranger
Why should it matter where I am? Im in US, feels like china when I cant fly the drone in my own house.
If we knew where you were trying to fly ..near a airport or whatever
someone could tell you why you can’t fly. As far as we know you might be right inside a NFZ. That message came up for a reason.
That’s why more info is important. If you think you can fly anywhere
you want you really need to do some studying.

If we knew where you were trying to fly ..near a airport or whatever
someone could tell you why you can’t fly. As far as we know you might be right inside a NFZ. That message came up for a reason.
That’s why more info is important. If you think you can fly anywhere
you want you really need to do some studying.
I suggest that the OP does not understand that his DJI drone is an aircraft within the meaning of the term. Accordingly, he should consider the acquisition of an aircraft that does not contain the equipment (firm/soft) that attempts to influence compliant operation. IOW, buy an Autel, Dude.

Reactions: tlswift58
I suggest that the OP does not understand that his DJI drone is an aircraft within the meaning of the term. Accordingly, he should consider the acquisition of an aircraft that does not contain the equipment (firm/soft) that attempts to influence compliant operation. IOW, buy an Autel, Dude.
Although I agree with most of that. I don't agree on you telling someone to go to Autel to bi-pass NFZ's. Every Autel owner I know is a responsible pilot and follow the rules.

Doesn’t get the answer he wants - claims zero help. Rude.
You have to overlook that. I mean blablabla is 116 and that there
makes ya ill to start with. All he knows is he’s on earth and wants
to join and be spoon fed info. Well you guys might but with his 3th
post i put mine back in the drawer.
Now @blablabla111 before you respond anymore I would read this whole page Community Rules
Then start over and these guys can help you.
I’m outta here. ?

How do i get around this message? newbie here
If your house is big enough, go for it. I hear you should be careful near walls, ceilings, coffee tables and etc due to the backwash making it hard to control. I don't know how to get around a Geo Zone warning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Among1423