DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Warranty help

billiam1

Reactions
Hi Guys
Thinking of buying the MM in Australia, but I live in United Kingdom, is the warranty valid worldwide?

Thinking of buying the MM in Australia, but I live in United Kingdom, is the warranty valid worldwide?

Negative; quoting the After-Sales Service Policies - DJI document:

" DJI does not provide global warranty, customers can obtain warranty service only at a designated DJI repair center in the region where he/she purchased the product. However, depending on part availability, customers can obtain cross-regional repair service at an additional charge."

As above. It would be a pain in the arse, and expensive compared to buying one here in the UK if anything went wrong.

Yes it would but it's £100 cheaper over Here.. I'm very tempted
How long are you in Oz for? At least you'd be able to use it while you're there.

A bigger issue is Australian sourced Mini's are FCC models and not CE transmission versions like in the UK and Europe.

Unless you use the GPS hack which tricks the DJI Fly app into thinking it's in another country other than a CE one, the power of the remote controller will be limited to CE 5.8ghz levels which has a maximum range of 500m.
The FCC controller is only 5.8ghz and can't be changed to other frequencies.

If you buy a UK CE model, this has access to both the 2.4ghz and 5.8ghz frequency bands and with the 2.4ghz you have a theoretical range of 4km.

Also there are some issues with using a FCC drone in the UK which could cause problems with liability etc.

Reactions: GregE
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne