DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Warranty of second hand drone less than one year old?

The only warranty claim I’ve had to deal with is the Mavic Mini. Prop strike issue where the prop was hitting the body. Sent in the first time and sent back to me claiming there wasn’t an issue although the marks on the prop and body were CLEARLY visible. Sent in a second time and received a new aircraft. Warranty claims have their ups and downs.
With all the other DJI products I’ve had(tooooooo many)I’ve not had any other issues that required their somewhat difficult process.
With just four hours of run time on any DJI aircraft, I wouldn’t hesitate as long as I could test the product to verify all that can be checked.
I still believe that DJI makes some of the best product that can be purchased.

Reactions: vindibona1
I don't know what to tell you. On one hand as you say it shows that it flies. OTOH he might just be trying to stay honest if he stated a given amount of flight time? 2 hours of flight time is virtually nothing other than a battery cycle. I think the guy is stupid for flying a drone that he wants to sell as it puts it at risk for further damage.

If you're seriously considering this purchase, you may ask him to list any and all imperfections or defects, not matter how small. Also, make sure that it comes with new spare propellers and that you can purchase propellers and batteries now and down the road. Batteries have a life span and then need to be replaced, and some of that depends in what conditions the batteries are stored and for what length of time they laid dormant. Additionally, what kind of charger will be provided in this sale, and can you purchase a different one if need be? How many batteries are you getting in this package. In other words, in addition to the condition of the drone, how what is the quantity and condition of the required "consumables" that it cannot fly without?

Starz and​

vindibona1

Thank you, I was waiting to hear what you mentioned and that is based on your years of experience, how often do things go wrong when a drone was made in June 2020, and now has just over 5 hours of flight and 90km? You gave me the answer.

This is Fly More Combo. The pic shows 3 batteries, a charger, bag and 12 props and various cables etc.

I wonder if low noise props will help to keep the noise down at 100 metres altitude?

There was only one video I watched about the Mavic air 2 that made me worry. They said zoom was awkward to activate while flying, compared to the Mavic 2 zoom in terms of the "buttons".

Thank you again

Best wishes

Low noise prop answer.
Waste of time and money.
Charge cycle count on each battery may be helpful. At five hours of fly time(?), my guess would be somewhere around 20 to 25 total charge cycles for all three batteries. (7 each) Again, just another way to attempt to verify hours in the air.

Hi Newbie,

Uhm, I didn't read all the posts here before answering, so it may be too late or double or triple the same answer.

But: more than 5 hours of flight doesn't really tell me anything!
DJI drones can fly easily 500 or 1000 hours without any problems.
My concern is this: every new pilot will get in a serious crash upon their first couple of flights.
Because of some stupid rookie mistake or plain disregard of safety.
This owner seems to enjoy flying miles beyond the visual line of sight regulation. So no control of the environment at that distance.
God knows where he may have crashed and he doesn't tell you.
Also on these long distances there is no control what so ever with rain or damp and the electronics could have become moist which could cause corrosion in time, and failure when you own the bird.

You ask us the question when you make an offer to buy and the owner then changes the product by putting about 20% more flight time on it, this is a alarm signal to me: TO WALK AWAY.
Same comparison: go to buy a second hand car.
The dealer advertises a price and a milage.
And when you return to buy the car it suddenly has 20% more miles on it......would you still be prepared to pay the same or less....or do you walk away?

When you are going to spend 1200,= that is a very large amount of money. I understand that saving 200 is a lot, and I can't take a peek into you wallet but my neck hairs are standing up and itching.

Ruud

every new pilot will get in a serious crash upon their first couple of flights.
Interesting. I guess I missed that part when I was new to this hobby.
the owner then changes the product by putting about 20% more flight time on it,
We really don’t know when”the owner”created the ad, and the duration of time elapsed when the op answered said ad. Is there some rule that stipulates that after creating an ad that you can’t continue to have fun with the product? At least the owner made that information known.
This owner seems to enjoy flying miles beyond the visual line of sight regulation.
Did I miss something? I can’t seem to find this information in any of the posts.

I think the guy is stupid for flying a drone that he wants to sell as it puts it at risk for further damage.
Why? It’s his aircraft. It’s his money if it gets plowed into the ground.

This is all getting well past silly, I’m out.

I made this offer he agreed upon unofficially, but now when I made the offer officially, I was surprised to hear that he countered my offer stating the following:

"Since advertising it, I have flown a further 10 km (on top of the 80km) and an additional 1.62 hours of flight time (on top of the 4 hours). If you are still happy, then I will accept the offer"

What do you experienced members think of this seller?
That's a warning sign. If I was selling a drone, I would not be flying it and taking the risk of damaging it. I would walk away from this.
If you do decide to pursue this, have the seller record an unedited video like the ones the DJI requires when you want to add a care plan to a drone that is more than 48 hours old.

Hi thank you to everyone here. I am also now in two minds, but this is similar to Ebay. If it is not what the seller claims it to be, then we can claim back. He said it is in mint condition without crashes or accidents and 4 hours of flight time and 80km, Then when I repeated his statement with my offer, he countered and said he added an extra hour since posting the add and now 90km. Its a tough one, but he seems not to want to break the rules of the policy of the site where he is selling (when he disclosed this voluntarily).
In God we must now trust (are there any preppers here?)
Thank you everyone

Hi thank you to everyone here. I am also now in two minds, but this is similar to Ebay. If it is not what the seller claims it to be, then we can claim back. He said it is in mint condition without crashes or accidents and 4 hours of flight time and 80km, Then when I repeated his statement with my offer, he countered and said he added an extra hour since posting the add and now 90km. Its a tough one, but he seems not to want to break the rules of the policy of the site where he is selling (when he disclosed this voluntarily).
In God we must now trust (are there any preppers here?)
Thank you everyone
Have the seller create a video that follows the same steps that DJI requires for DJI Care Video Verification. DJI has a video that demonstrates what you want on the video here and they have a PDF version here. It will validate that the gimbal works correctly and that the drone is not reporting any errors. It takes about 5 minutes to create, I did it myself this week to active a DJI Care Refresh plan.

Have him put the video on a file sharing service where you can download a copy of the video. If he places it on Youtube, he can delete it after he gets your money. If the drone doesn't match what was shown on the video, including the serial number, it would help you to file a claim.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada