DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Warranty question

Mavflyer

Reactions
My 2nd Mavic Pro is having an issue with the camera. I was thinking of replacing the ribbon myself, but I am a little concerned about the warranty and the refresh. If I were to do this myself, would I void both the warranty and the refresh? And I assume it would probably make it ineligible for any future refresh plus plans?

Also are there any repair shops that are authorized by DJI other than sending it directly to DJI? I dont want to use up my refresh or void my warranty. Any options other than using DJI and not voiding anything? Or am I stuck using them?

My 2nd Mavic Pro is having an issue with the camera. I was thinking of replacing the ribbon myself, but I am a little concerned about the warranty and the refresh. If I were to do this myself, would I void both the warranty and the refresh? And I assume it would probably make it ineligible for any future refresh plus plans?

Also are there any repair shops that are authorized by DJI other than sending it directly to DJI? I dont want to use up my refresh or void my warranty. Any options other than using DJI and not voiding anything? Or am I stuck using them?
We in the community have thunderdrones who repairs Mavic Pros at an affordable price. I will recommend to contact him to see what options he can provide.

Reactions: Former Member
We in the community have thunderdrones who repairs Mavic Pros at an affordable price. I will recommend to contact him to see what options he can provide.
Do you know if they are an authorized service provider? I dont want anything voided. If they arent authorized, they will void my warranty, right?

Do you know if they are an authorized service provider?
They are not. You can find a list of authorized DJI service centers here.

Per the above link:

"Authorized Service Centers: Are authorized by DJI to provide warranty repairs for DJI products. Products repaired at an Authorized Service Center will continue to be warranted by DJI."

They are not. You can find a list of authorized DJI service centers here.

Per the above link:

"Authorized Service Centers: Are authorized by DJI to provide warranty repairs for DJI products. Products repaired at an Authorized Service Center will continue to be warranted by DJI."
Thanks for the link. That's interesting. If you have it serviced by one of their recommended service providers, that service provider will be responsible for fulfilling the rest of your warranty, not DJI. You still have the option of going through DJI and keeping your warranty as is.

So it looks like the bottom line here is to only use DJI or one of their recommended service providers. If you use Thunderdrones or any of the other unauthorized providers, you may as well kiss your warranty goodbye. Looks like even the care refresh and the care refresh plus would be voided as well. Really seems not worth it at all to use unauthorized repair centers. I will be looking into the recommended providers and see how their prices are.

Reactions: cmparks89
So it looks like the bottom line here is to only use DJI or one of their recommended service providers. If you use Thunderdrones or any of the other unauthorized providers, you may as well kiss your warranty goodbye.
I think so. Those other repair shops are good options for people who don't have a warranty though.

So it looks like the bottom line here is to only use DJI or one of their recommended service providers. If you use Thunderdrones or any of the other unauthorized providers, you may as well kiss your warranty goodbye. Looks like even the care refresh and the care refresh plus would be voided as well. Really seems not worth it at all to use unauthorized repair centers. I will be looking into the recommended providers and see how their prices are.

Good luck with that.

I dont know why you just dont file a warranty claim with DJI instead of even thinking about fixing it yourself. That would void your warranty and you would probably break something else as well.

I think so. Those other repair shops are good options for people who don't have a warranty though.

And for people who want to get their original drone back instead of a refurb. I also work on custom drones, which DJI does not. If a customer has a skin on his/her drone, kiss it goodbye if you send it to DJI. Modifications to your drone? DJI wont work on it. I have worked on many drones that DJI has failed to fix under warranty, and the customer got frustrated, sent it to me, and it was fixed and back to them in a week. Oh, I forgot, DJI can take up to two months to get a repair done and back to you. Ludicrous.

So, maybe there are a slew of good reasons for people to let me fix their drones. 1,250 and counting.

If you have a warranty, send it in. If you don't care about losing your warranty if you break something and it's obvious, try the repair yourself. Not to mention that you are playing the "throw parts at it game" and spending your own money in the process, which makes even less sense: you risk breaking something and you actually have no idea if your repair idea is even going to do anything.

If you have a warranty, send it in. If you don't care about losing your warranty if you break something and it's obvious, try the repair yourself. Not to mention that you are playing the "throw parts at it game" and spending your own money, which makes even less sense.

Sometimes they are hard to troubleshoot, and some people break more parts when they try to repair it themselves.

Reactions: macoman
Just a note that in the EU the Mavic warranty is 12 months and 6 months as a lot of people (including the shop I bought mine from) think
Just had my 2nd warranty repair and my mavic is was bought 11.5 months ago.
It does take a while to get DJI to send a UPS label and have it delivered to Holland but in my experience worth it

Just a note that in the EU the Mavic warranty is 12 months and 6 months as a lot of people (including the shop I bought mine from) think
Just had my 2nd warranty repair and my mavic is was bought 11.5 months ago.
It does take a while to get DJI to send a UPS label and have it delivered to Holland but in my experience worth it

Glad you got it done before the 12 months expired. What country are you in?

BTW, Holland is an elite service center. They are quick to turn things around.

I am in the UK
I had a replacement battery 4 weeks ago and today they confirmed that they are replacing the camera and gimbal free of charge

No I didn't. I thought you could only buy Refresh when you bought the drone.
Could I buy now just before mine warranty expires?

No I didn't. I thought you could only buy Refresh when you bought the drone.
Could I buy now just before mine warranty expires?

Yes you can.

Check out this link. Hopefully it applies to the UK as well. Go down to where it says: "Want to purchase DJI Care Refresh, but your product has been activated over 48 hours? Click here to learn how."

DJI Care Refresh (Mavic Pro)

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
suretybondprofessionals