DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Warranty

anthDman

Reactions
Hi guys, I got my mavic pro 2 couple of days ago with the DJI warranty, unfortunately yesterday I was flying it over the water and lost signal and it crashed into the water n sunk straight to the bottom, obviously couldn't retrieve the drone, and turns out warranty wont cover it so $2800 down the drain, is there anyway to pursue the warranty

Hi guys, I got my mavic pro 2 couple of days ago with the DJI warranty, unfortunately yesterday I was flying it over the water and lost signal and it crashed into the water n sunk straight to the bottom, obviously couldn't retrieve the drone, and turns out warranty wont cover it so $2800 down the drain, is there anyway to pursue the warranty
Any local scuba club? Can you get the flight logs? They are the only thing DJI can look at to determine the cause of the crash, otherwise, not much you can do.

If it lost signal, it would have come home, did you lose the video feed?

Any local scuba club? Can you get the flight logs? They are the only thing DJI can look at to determine the cause of the crash, otherwise, not much you can do.

If it lost signal, it would have come home, did you lose the video feed?
Didnt have an sd card in it when it happened so it stopped recording few minutes before it crashed. Not sure how to get flight logs

Any local scuba club? Can you get the flight logs?

I rented scuba gear and found my drone so I could warranty it. It can be done. The "Find my Drone" feature was extremely accurate in telling me where it went in the water and it apparently went straight down. Good luck if you try.

I rented scuba gear and found my drone so I could warranty it. It can be done. The "Find my Drone" feature was extremely accurate in telling me where it went in the water and it apparently went straight down. Good luck if you try.
Where did you sink yours?

Didnt have an sd card in it when it happened so it stopped recording few minutes before it crashed. Not sure how to get flight logs
You can post your flight log here and one of the knowledgeable members may be able to analyse it.
They may be able to pinpoint the cause, or eliminate some of the possible causes of your incident..
Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
Come back and post a link to the report it gives you.

Unless it can be proven that the drone malfunctioned, there's no way to claim warranty. If you can retrieve the drone, get the flight logs to show it malfunctioned, there's not much you can do.
Sorry for your loss.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
japester