DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Was thinking about picking up a Mini 2....but Mini 3 looks like an April release

They eventually discontinue support for older models but that doesn't mean you can't still fly or buy accessories.
That raises an interesting question.

What's the most recent model that DJI has discontinued support for?

Thx!

TCS

Mavic Air and the Spark and from the DJI site"

As a general rule DJI will no longer do FW updates on drones that they no longer manufacture/sell

Mavic Air and the Spark and from the DJI site"

As a general rule DJI will no longer do FW updates on drones that they no longer manufacture/sell
That makes sense.

But if the last version of the firmware works, it works.

Thx,

TCS

That makes sense.

But if the last version of the firmware works, it works.

Thx,

TCS
Agreed, just trying to think forward a little.

Sometimes they roll out new functionality in the FW and it's always nice to have the latest and greatest. I ended up grabbing the Mini 2 so it's not that big of a deal even though rumor has it they will roll out the Mini 3 in April.

I was looking at the Mini too but wanted to use the RC that I have with my MA2 Air. Looking at picking up just the Mini two without the controller but by the time you pick up the batteries, charger and an extra set of props your almost better off buying the Mini 2 fly more combo. It adds up fast.
A point although it is now academic since you bought a Mini 2, if by "Mini too" you meant the "Mavic Mini" then the normal MA2 controller (RC231?) will not work with the Mavic Mini. I do not know if the Mavic Mini will work with one of the smart controllers.

A point although it is now academic since you bought a Mini 2, if by "Mini too" you meant the "Mavic Mini" then the normal MA2 controller (RC231?) will not work with the Mavic Mini. I do not know if the Mavic Mini will work with one of the smart controllers.

No I meant the Mini two with is compatible (I believe) with the MA2 Air controller that I own.... Also at this point it is also academic since I bought the fly more package since one battery is never enough!

Agreed, just trying to think forward a little.

Sometimes they roll out new functionality in the FW and it's always nice to have the latest and greatest. I ended up grabbing the Mini 2 so it's not that big of a deal even though rumor has it they will roll out the Mini 3 in April.
Ah, the mythical Mini-3.

For all I know, that rumor was started by a DJI competitor to get people to stop buying the Mini-2...

TCS

Wishful thinking posts always crack me up.
The guy wants a bigger sensor then a better f-stop.
Being as fstop is a ratio of lens diameter to sensor/film size that would entail a larger and heavier lens.
Then the processing power needed to do 4K60 and more obstacle sensors means more heat - larger heatsinks.
All the wish list items work to really mess with the bottom line weight of 249g

I am not sure that will prove correct.
The reason being, it is only fairly recently that Mavic Mini prices started to drop significantly and there was no significant drop on the release of the Mini 2, I was watching, I was thinking as you do, I was disappointed.
This is true. I've never seen prices on drones upgraded to new models at a lower price, except in selling used ones. In fact, I wondered how they older models even sell at all keeping the same original price.

Wishful thinking posts always crack me up.
The guy wants a bigger sensor then a better f-stop.
Being as fstop is a ratio of lens diameter to sensor/film size that would entail a larger and heavier lens.
Then the processing power needed to do 4K60 and more obstacle sensors means more heat - larger heatsinks.
All the wish list items work to really mess with the bottom line weight of 249g
Tell that to Autel and DJI as they are able to produce exactly that

older models even sell at all keeping the same original price.

This also baffles me a lot. Over the pandemic, when people were asked to stay inside, drone prices on eBay increased. That made little sense to me. This, along with the army of 0 feedback bidders ensuring that the prices remain stable.

This also baffles me a lot. Over the pandemic, when people were asked to stay inside, drone prices on eBay increased. That made little sense to me. This, along with the army of 0 feedback bidders ensuring that the prices remain stable.
Makes perfect sense to me. Flying a drone from in your house or yard is something you can do when "locked down", and virtually get out and see what's going on.

I imagine there were a lot of sales to bored, restless, housebound people who thought to give it a try, having never before.

Reactions: manc54
Makes perfect sense to me. Flying a drone from in your house or yard is something you can do when "locked down", and virtually get out and see what's going on.

I imagine there were a lot of sales to bored, restless, housebound people who thought to give it a try, having never before.
But what if the drone caught covid and brought it back into the house? After all, we were only allowed a certain distance and time, otherwise we'd be done for!! :eek:
:)

But what if the drone caught covid and brought it back into the house? After all, we were only allowed a certain distance and time, otherwise we'd be done for!! :eek:
:)
Simple, drone disinfected and quarantined for at least one week after each flight.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi