DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Was thinking about picking up a Mini 2....but Mini 3 looks like an April release

March411

Reactions
A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.
Also bear in mind that newly released drones seem to be riddled with problems, look at the M3 or the Mavic Mini for example.
If you want a Mini 3 I'd suggest waiting and let others be the beta testers, then buy one after the kinks have been worked out.

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.
Also bear in mind that newly released drones seem to be riddled with problems, look at the M3 or the Mavic Mini for example.
If you want a Mini 3 I'd suggest waiting and let others be the beta testers, then buy one after the kinks have been worked out.
I generally agree with this perspective, I purchased my Air 2 just recently, even though the Air 2S was available.

The Mini 2 is a great drone, that especially amazes me because of it's size and weight. But I also think the Mini 3, when it comes out, will be really compelling.

Reactions: projectarjun
and then buy the Mini 2 which you'll get a good deal on.
I am not sure that will prove correct.
The reason being, it is only fairly recently that Mavic Mini prices started to drop significantly and there was no significant drop on the release of the Mini 2, I was watching, I was thinking as you do, I was disappointed.

Reactions: Gagey52
I am not sure that will prove correct.
The reason being, it is only fairly recently that Mavic Mini prices started to drop significantly and there was no significant drop on the release of the Mini 2, I was watching, I was thinking as you do, I was disappointed.

I was looking at the Mini too but wanted to use the RC that I have with my MA2 Air. Looking at picking up just the Mini two without the controller but by the time you pick up the batteries, charger and an extra set of props your almost better off buying the Mini 2 fly more combo. It adds up fast.

If it's real that the Mini 3 will be released on April I would count at least two more months in order to get it, as @PhiliusFoggg said first batch/firmware will be plagued of glitches and problems. I'll say you'll have to wait around 5 months from today.

Reactions: Derek H
Buy the Mini 2 bundle from Costco if you don’t want to wait and want that compact foam factor. On the other hand Air 2s is another alternative, although not sure if refurbs are available
in the interest of cost saving measure

Reactions: scgene31
Buy the Mini 2 bundle from Costco if you don’t want to wait and want that compact foam factor. On the other hand Air 2s is another alternative, although not sure if refurbs are available
in the interest of cost saving measure
Already have the Air 2 and like it, no desire to grab the 2s. I wanted the smaller form factor for traveling and the Mini or Mini two fit the bill. Was also looking at the Autel Nano but the price point is almost twice the Mini two..... no TY.

Only thing I worry about with the Mini is them dropping support and finding accessories

Last edited:
Reactions: projectarjun
Already have the Air 2 and like it, no desire to grab the 2s. I wanted the smaller form factor for traveling and the Mini or Mini two fit the bill. Was also looking at the Autel Nano but the price point is almost twice the Mini two..... no TY.

Only thing I worry about with the Mini is them dropping support and finding accessories
If I had to choose between Autel or DJI, it would be DJI because of their software refinement, it just works for the most part, also works well with iOS

Reactions: Dushash
This still sounds like leaks and rumors to me. That doesn't mean it's wrong, but...is there anything official from DJI about the mythical Mini-3?

If it does materialize, I'll probably get one early, depending on the price. I don't mind being a beta tester, since it would be far from my only drone! Might even be fun!

:)

TCS

On a dimly related note, are the Mini and Mini-1 the same bird? If not, what are the differences?

Thx,

TCS

There's not much history of DJI dropping support for a drone, is there?

There's not much history of DJI dropping support for a drone, is there?
They eventually discontinue support for older models but that doesn't mean you can't still fly or buy accessories.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78