DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Does the Mini 4 Pro work with Goggles 2 (and/or Integra)?

I have a hard time believing they would remove such major functionality in the upgraded model (Mini 4 Pro).
So, what's the thinking here....you take the Mini 3 Pro software and you turn it into Mini 4 Pro software by simply adding features to it on top of what is already there? You said "remove" but you forget to mention that the FPV capabilities were jacked into the Mini 3 Pro only recently. Does that mean you believe the Mini 4 Pro software was only started just recently?

There is no package for sale with that combination nor mention of it so at this point it seems the answer is no. Later, perhaps :).

The googles all lack OA4 which is why they don’t function with the mini 4 pro. Same reason the original DJI RC doesn’t work wi the the mini 4 pro. Could DJi make them cross compatible with a firmware update? I don’t know but they haven’t with the Air 3 to date so I wouldn’t hold your breath. There was some hint of yet another set of googles somewhere in the mini 4 pro firmware found and they believe that is the future googles to come with a OA4 equipped Avata 2 and perhaps that new set of googles will work with air 3 and mini 4 pro.

The googles all lack OA4 which is why they don’t function with the mini 4 pro. Same reason the original DJI RC doesn’t work wi the the mini 4 pro. Could DJi make them cross compatible with a firmware update? I don’t know but they haven’t with the Air 3 to date so I wouldn’t hold your breath. There was some hint of yet another set of googles somewhere in the mini 4 pro firmware found and they believe that is the future googles to come with a OA4 equipped Avata 2 and perhaps that new set of googles will work with air 3 and mini 4 pro.

Well they actually did make the googles compatible with the Air 3, so I wonder if they can upgrade the transmission system via firmware....

Well they actually did make the googles compatible with the Air 3, so I wonder if they can upgrade the transmission system via firmware....
Air 3 and Mini 4 Pro use the same Occusync 4. So yes, at some point the Mini 4 Pro should also work with DJI Goggles 2. I just hope the firmware update comes out sooner rather than later.

Hello, it was a big update for the Air 3 with support for FPV goggles, support for the Mini 4 Pro seems closer to happening now, I wonder if DJI could make the Air 3 and Mini 4 Pro compatible with the DJI RC Pro running on O3+ would be a strong reason for Mavic 3 owners to purchase the Mini 4 Pro or even the Air 3 as a secondary drone.

I wish they would hurry up and release updated firmware for it. I don’t understand why they always release their drones with half-baked firmware at launch. Sigh.

Reactions: RenatoKazuo8w

Actually, to be technically correct they made the Air 3 compatible with O3.

The firmware updates to the MC2 and goggles was simply to add the Air 3 to the internal list of supported aircraft, otherwise it won't recognize the aircraft and pair with it, regardless of transmission protocol.

The RCs and aircraft all implement their radios using SDR chipsets. This allows for enormous flexibility in protocol and signal definition. Unless there is a specific piece of hardware necessary to implement the protocol or signal mode, which there almost certainly isn't, the Mini 4 can be programmed to support O3 as well as O4, just as the Air 3 was just updated to do.

Whether or not DJI decides to do so is a business decision. I expect they will, since they support the Mini3(p). The delay is undoubtedly QA and testing.

Last edited:
Reactions: gumaco
I wish they would hurry up and release updated firmware for it. I don’t understand why they always release their drones with half-baked firmware at launch.

Because there is a not-insignificant portion of their customer base that would rather have the product earlier with some limitations and add more features with updates.

I'm one of them. Sounds like you're not. However, you have nothing to lose with early, feature-limited product releases – just wait, as you would have anyway under the "fully baked" release model.

OTOH, people like me do lose out under that model. So it seems the best way to meet the most customers needs is the "baked enough" model they currently follow.

Last edited:
Ok. So back to my question——since the Air 3 is compatable with goggles, will you be able to use the regular remote with occu 4 or will you have to buy a MC2?

Ok. So back to my question——since the Air 3 is compatable with goggles, will you be able to use the regular remote with occu 4 or will you have to buy a MC2?

• When used with the goggles, only DJI RC Motion 2 is supported for flight control, other remote controllers cannot be used to control the aircraft.

That’s what I wanted to know. Thanks!

When used with the goggles, only DJI RC Motion 2 is supported for flight control, other remote controllers cannot be used to control the aircraft.

Well, that sucks. Why did they do this? I don't want to use the stupid motion controller thingie.

I don't want to use the stupid motion controller thingie.
The motion controller is better than the rc when it comes to speed and acceleration and maneuverability, etc. Obviously it is lacking the screen and similar details but you get whatever is given in the Goggles plus there is head-tracking. Overall the MC is superior, you just have to get used to it.

Reactions: 3rdof5
Sorry my friend but that’s a matter of opinion. It is not my opinion. The sticks have a much better response and feel. The MC2 is very laggy and soft.

Sorry my friend but that’s a matter of opinion. It is not my opinion. The sticks have a much better response and feel. The MC2 is very laggy and soft.
Yes that's my opinion and it comes mostly from using the MC with the FPV. If it means anything, I thought the same at first as well. And it was true. But I didn't change my opinion until I got used to using the MC....correctly. Then I realized that DJI was right after all (which is why they only sell Avata with MC). I have very little experience with using the camera drones with the RC and Goggles (and I think that is true for most people) but I agree with you when flying the drone normally (non-FPV) the sticks are the best experience.

Reactions: SWTSU and 3rdof5
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BluMav