DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Does the Mini 4 Pro work with Goggles 2 (and/or Integra)?

If the MC was the best way to fly FPV, don't you think pro FPV racers would be using something similar?
It's a gimmick to make FPV more accessible to people who can't fly properly with sticks. Which is completely fine, but at least give us the option to use something else.

If the MC was the best way to fly FPV, don't you think pro FPV racers would be using something similar?
It's a gimmick to make FPV more accessible to people who can't fly properly with sticks. Which is completely fine, but at least give us the option to use something else.
Technically it has the potential to be the best way to "fly" and for DJI drones, IMO it's the best way or better than what is currently available for FPV/Avata/camera drones. Once these DJI drone step up into a real class of FPV drone, I dunno perhaps the sticks are ultimately better. Currently FPV and Avata will let you use the sticks and for now, the camera drones will not and I am not exactly sure why not. My only comment is use the MC with Air/Mavic/Mini is actually pretty good once you get use to it and you want to fly those drones in FPV-like. But I agree with you if you're trying to do camera drone things with the MC (like panning and hovering and pulling back, etc), that's not going to work out so well. That's not FPV flying. Perhaps right now, DJI is only trying to support the FPV aspect and not try to replace the RC with Goggles (which I understand some people would love that especially for using with Waypoints, etc).

Reactions: Krrr
The motion controller is better than the rc when it comes to speed and acceleration and maneuverability, etc. Obviously it is lacking the screen and similar details but you get whatever is given in the Goggles plus there is head-tracking. Overall the MC is superior, you just have to get used to it.

Unless you fly Manual, which most FPV pilots do, most of their flying.

That said, and doing a lot of manual FPV, I'm a big fan of the MC. The MC2 fixed the biggest shortcomings of the MC, such that the majority of my Avata flights are now with the MC2 if I'm not craving some acro.

Reactions: mavic3usa
The motion controller is better than the rc when it comes to speed and acceleration and maneuverability, etc.

How? What control signals or combination can the MC send to the drone that a 2-stick controller can't?

Agree.

How is that a "gimmick"? Simply because you don't like it?

I've never understood the tendency of people to denigrate something simply because it's not their cup of tea. If the MC expands the ability and desire of people to experience drone flight, that's generally a good thing. Hardly a gimmick.

How? What control signals or combination can the MC send to the drone that a 2-stick controller can't?
Try it yourself in sport mode. Unless I have the improper settings, both the Avata and the FPV can accelerate forward from hover or from slower speed up to top speed quite a bit faster than when using the MC/MC2 over the RC2. Squeeze the trigger fully and it's faster to top speed then moving the stick forward.

Maybe there is something wrong with my RC2 but I get a snappier response and tighter turns and quicker dives and climbs when I point the MC and pull the trigger when in sport mode. As you know, you cannot use the MCs in manual mode. This is when you compare moving to sticks to the max.

Let me know if you see something different.

Agree.

How is that a "gimmick"? Simply because you don't like it?

I've never understood the tendency of people to denigrate something simply because it's not their cup of tea. If the MC expands the ability and desire of people to experience drone flight, that's generally a good thing. Hardly a gimmick.
I said "which is completely fine". I don't like it but I can see why someone else might. I'd just like the option to not use it.

Let me know if you see something different.

Well, I do. I've got dozens of hours flying the DJI FPV and Avata in all modes. My favorite is Sport with the MC, now MC2. I don't see what you're experiencing at all.

It could be settings, and that's worth a check. However I think it more likely an effect of the auto-coordinated turns with the MC... When well coordinated, turns will be tight and snappy. Being just a bit off with roll during the turn, especially too little, will make the turn slide and feel mushy.

Getting turn coordination right with sticks takes a lot of practice. And you must practice VLOS rather than FPV... you don't have the visual cues from FPV to see if you dialed it in, are sliding around, or cut the turn with too much roll.

Practicing coordinating turns and perfecting it was one of the most fun skills I worked on. I cut my teeth on this with hours and hours of practice on the original Mavic Air.

The motion controller is better than the rc when it comes to speed and acceleration and maneuverability, etc. Obviously it is lacking the screen and similar details but you get whatever is given in the Goggles plus there is head-tracking. Overall the MC is superior, you just have to get used to it.
Absolutely matter of opinion... for those of us on sticks for umteen years, the motion controller sucks and limits precise control, again, my opinion.

Just to chime in...
I agree completely with both sides of the debate, and I have both for my Classic.
For FPV with Goggles I prefer the MC. When the gain is properly tweaked in the settings it is quite responsive. I particularly like Head Tracking in combo with 1 stick for fun flight.
That being said though, for normal flight enjoying the photography, The precise control of the RC-PRO is far more preferred.
Each has their place.
I was excited to see the Air 3 got a FW update to allow compatibility so I'm counting on the Mini 4 Pro to get it as well and I'm ready!

Last edited:
If you want to fly the Mini 4 Pro with goggles then just get the Rokid Max AR Headset RM201. It directly connects to the RC2 remote via USB and mirrors the screen. It's also more cheap and even less bulky than the Integra goggles and works also with your phone or tablet, e.g. for looking (3D) videos.
The image is clearly visible even in bright sunlight and the fov is more than 40°, probably almost same as with the Integra goggles. I have this headset since few days and love it!
One additional recommendation is also buying a 90° USB adapter, so that the cable goes to the left or right along the rear edge of the RC2 instead of backwards to your stomach. This will protect the USB port from mechanical stress and maybe damage.

Reactions: Krrr and rgsherr
I use the Xreal Air glasses for this at the moment. Works briliantly. Also, with the Xreal Beam addon, I can pin the FPV display in mid air in front of me so that when I look away, I can see my surroundings.

If you want to fly the Mini 4 Pro with goggles then just get the Rokid Max AR Headset RM201. It directly connects to the RC2 remote via USB and mirrors the screen. It's also more cheap and even less bulky than the Integra goggles and works also with your phone or tablet, e.g. for looking (3D) videos.
The image is clearly visible even in bright sunlight and the fov is more than 40°, probably almost same as with the Integra goggles. I have this headset since few days and love it!
One additional recommendation is also buying a 90° USB adapter, so that the cable goes to the left or right along the rear edge of the RC2 instead of backwards to your stomach. This will protect the USB port from mechanical stress and maybe damage.
I use the Xreal Air glasses for this at the moment. Works briliantly. Also, with the Xreal Beam addon, I can pin the FPV display in mid air in front of me so that when I look away, I can see my surroundings.
Do these solutions offer head tracking feature that you get with DJI Goggles?

Do these solutions offer head tracking feature that you get with DJI Goggles?
No, they only work as monitors. I still have a Mavic Pro with white DJI goggles and have used Litchi with cardboard goggles for Mini 2. Both support head tracking. And belief me or not, I tried it just once and was not impressed with any advantages. I would not make this a real criteria for selecting a goggle solution.

Reactions: Krrr and mavic3usa
No, they only work as monitors. I still have a Mavic Pro with white DJI goggles and have used Litchi with cardboard goggles for Mini 2. Both support head tracking. And belief me or not, I tried it just once and was not impressed with any advantages. I would not make this a real criteria for selecting a goggle solution.
Agreed, not that impressed with head tracking either.

Just to chime in...
I agree completely with both sides of the debate, and I have both for my Classic.
For FPV with Goggles I prefer the MC. When the gain is properly tweaked in the settings it is quite responsive. I particularly like Head Tracking in combo with 1 stick for fun flight.
That being said though, for normal flight enjoying the photography, The precise control of the RC-PRO is far more preferred.
Each has their place.
I was excited to see the Air 3 got a FW update to allow compatibility so I'm counting on the Mini 4 Pro to get it as well and I'm ready!
We got it!! I knew it would get added with a FW update, and it's here now! I can't wait to try it...

Reactions: x-uas and mavic3usa
Looks like DJI updated firmware yesterday (2023.12.21). Aircraft firmware: v01.00.0300 which adds (among many other things) "support for DJI Goggles 2, DJI Goggles Integrated, and DJI RC Motion 2."

Interesting that they decided not to support the V2 goggles or the RC Motion 1. Also looks like the USA RID is only automatically activated when using the heavy battery now. Cheers

Looks like DJI updated firmware yesterday (2023.12.21). Aircraft firmware: v01.00.0300 which adds (among many other things) "support for DJI Goggles 2, DJI Goggles Integrated, and DJI RC Motion 2."

Interesting that they decided not to support the V2 goggles or the RC Motion 1. Also looks like the USA RID is only automatically activated when using the heavy battery now. Cheers

Protocol issue. V2 and MC are O3, and it doesn't make business sense in terms of a financial return to spend the engineering $$ to add O4 support to these legacy devices when they're heading out of production and there's a newer, better solution available.

I use the Xreal Air glasses for this at the moment. Works briliantly.
I agree. Xreals are great. I got rid of Avata and all the pieces. Xreals are way better than goggles. They are very light and the picture is perfect. I always use them with my RC2 (Mini 4 Pro and Air 3). For me the goggles did not cut it. But the Xreals DO. I'll take the Dronemask 2 over the goggles ($-$$$).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Photogeezer