DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Washington Proposed Drone Law HB1049

HiKen51

Reactions
I just read Washington State HB1049, which is in committee at this time. It appears to me that it would make it illegal to fly a drone over any private property, and make it possible for any farmer to sue you for flying over his farm, or for the local gendarme to arrest you for same. Check it out yourself at Washington – State Drone Law
If you click on the bill, you can send a response to your representative. I did, and I hope others will too, to help the lawmakers see that this proposed law is overly broad and restrictive.

Washington – State Drone Law

Reactions: vashon100
Not surprising really. These are the same group of folks pushing a "right to repair" bill through the state legislature. If I was the manufacturer, I'd stop selling there. Buy your new tech by mail or cross border. "We're from the government and we're here to help you".

Thanks HiKen51 for bringing this to our attention. Below shows the link he mentions to send a 1000 chr note to comment on the proposed bill. "Comment on this bill".

Capture.JPG

Just as a followup, I got a reply from a rep to my comments submitted:

"Thank you for taking the time to write. Fortunately, the bill did not pass before the "cut-off" deadline. There is no more action scheduled for this bill this session."

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots