DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Water-proof Hiking

Trini_MP

Reactions
Pilots,

So i do alot of hiking and i love taking my MP with me. I currently have a hardcase and a lowpro.

The hardcase is not waterproof and very bulky to be lugging with me on 4hr+ hikes as i need my hands free.

The lowpro is not waterproof and does not have any other room for my hiking/safety gear for hiking.

i am looking at a few options

1. All in one solution - a backpack that can safely fit my MP, controller, 4 batteries and an iPad. Waterproof and the ability to also store other times such as water-bottle, flashlight, rope.

2. A small enough case that i can place the MP, Controller and batteries which is waterproof that i can put into a hiking backpack. The backpack should obviously be able to take the drone case and my other hiking gear.

any suggestions

Normal backpack and put the Mavic in a sealable plastic bag (or some type of dry bag). Problem solved for very little money.

Reactions: Bunny Too
Normal backpack and put the Mavic in a sealable plastic bag (or some type of dry bag). Problem solved for very little money.
Good suggestion. I would also add a second (or third) bag for the RC, batteries, display device, filters, etc.

I used a Lowepro case inside a dry bag or drysack. Works even throwing in the sea to swim to shore to a launch location.

I looked for a satisfactory backpack for hiking and carrying the MP and couldn't find anything that met my personal needs. So I bought this carrying case for the MP and RC which will pack quite well in my existing gear. I have a top loader that also has a side zipper for easy access so that's where I put my MP and RC cases for fast access. They are form shaped specifically for the MP (with gimbal lock and cover) and RC. I don't know if they are beyond IPx7 for waterproofness but they do the job well. The vendor I bought it from no longer carries it. I have no claim or stake in any vendor on Amazon so the usual caveats exist. Current Amazon vendor is https://tinyurl.com/yd87gwkj .

mavicprocarryingcase.jpg

I use an Outdoor Research dry bag and put my black fly more combo drone bag into it. Haven't really tested it though because if the weather looks rainy I won't take the drone on the hike.

I looked for a satisfactory backpack for hiking and carrying the MP and couldn't find anything that met my personal needs. So I bought this carrying case for the MP and RC which will pack quite well in my existing gear. I have a top loader that also has a side zipper for easy access so that's where I put my MP and RC cases for fast access. They are form shaped specifically for the MP (with gimbal lock and cover) and RC. I don't know if they are beyond IPx7 for waterproofness but they do the job well. The vendor I bought it from no longer carries it. I have no claim or stake in any vendor on Amazon so the usual caveats exist. Current Amazon vendor is https://tinyurl.com/yd87gwkj .
This is the correct answer.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair