DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Water recovery system

Tridiver

Reactions
Here is a system I have developed for recovery of my bird. This activates upon submersion and claims to float 1kg. I bought some extras for testing. Will be making mockup in size and weight for testing. I will film the test above and below the water to show to everyone. Water-buoy also claims that it will float for 24 hrs. and has a strobe the flashes inside the balloon for night recovery, which is pretty cool(if it works). I already lost one Mav. The card was more important than the AC, but now I have care refresh, so everything is even better. Stay tuned to test results. Bolton

Attachments

• mavfloat.jpg
    mavfloat.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 155
cool concept
keep us posted.

Reactions: cstruthers
Here is a system I have developed for recovery of my bird. This activates upon submersion and claims to float 1kg. I bought some extras for testing. Will be making mockup in size and weight for testing. I will film the test above and below the water to show to everyone. Water-buoy also claims that it will float for 24 hrs. and has a strobe the flashes inside the balloon for night recovery, which is pretty cool(if it works). I already lost one Mav. The card was more important than the AC, but now I have care refresh, so everything is even better. Stay tuned to test results. Bolton

by the way have you try using 3G GPS tracking device? it has water resistant plus you can coat it with waterproofing case. Maybe this will help if you don't mind.

Last edited:
Did you read the one review on the video linked to that site? Time is the test. It failed to deploy for that guy after 2 years of not being needed.

How much cork would it take to float a Mavic Pro? Could you carve that much cork into an aerodynamic shape?

Does it come with a recovery boat?

Did you read the one review on the video linked to that site? Time is the test. It failed to deploy for that guy after 2 years of not being needed.

How much cork would it take to float a Mavic Pro? Could you carve that much cork into an aerodynamic shape?
I was going that route until I found these. If this doesn't work, I'll go back to trying that. I'm sure these have an expiration date. Two years seems like a long time. At $15, I'll replace them every 6 months or so.

Oww sorry, i was not able to read the post carefully, His concept is cool :)

Cool concept. The thing that turned me off 'getterback' was it only had 100 ft of string on it.

Seems difficult to carve cork into an aerodynamic shape..

By "developed" I assume you mean bought a standard mount for the mavic and glued on an already existing device that is designed and tested to float your keys to the surface? I am not sure I would trust my Mavic 2 to a product that was designed for keys and carries no warranty if it doesnt deploy or float your drone.. Nice job on the redneck fix but due to reliability I have to give it a 2 out of 10

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada