DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini Wave Rock, Western Australia.

Looks like you were flying well within the 30m from people allowed by CASA
Agree. Not a good look. Best review the CASA rules. Max fine is $12,800. Really dangerous as drones can randomly fly away, hence the reason to maintain the 30m distance.

Does everybody land their drone 30 m away? He was the pilot with family for whom he was responsible.

Cool rock.

Does everybody land their drone 30 m away? He was the pilot with family for whom he was responsible.
From the CASA rules which apply to everyone flying a drone in Australia. Onus of proof on the drone pilot if reported to CASA:

Operations near people (CASR 101.245 (8)) You must not operate an RPA closer than 30 m (100 ft) to a person, unless that person is assisting you or has duties essential to the operation of your RPA. You must not operate an excluded RPA in a populous area (see Figure 13). Keeping at least 30 m (100 ft) from people provides a buffer zone in case you lose control of the RPA or there is a system failure. This area is also referred to as an exclusion zone. The 30 m (100 ft) exclusion zone must be measured from the point on the ground directly beneath the RPA.

Amazing formation. What is the story behind this, how were they forced ?
Liked the video
They are so like waves, amazing natural formation and so much like waves.
This is the best explanation that I have found.
“ …has been rounded by weathering and water erosion, undercutting its base and leaving a rounded overhang. It was formed by water dissolving and re-depositing chemicals in the granite as it runs down the cliff face.”
Significant Rock Features | Geoscience Australia.

But the thing that struck me was that the dark streams in the rock do not seem natural. The wall built to fill the dam causes puddles which seem to create a darker sediment. There is also a white streak that appears and seems to come from the chemical composition of the concreate.

The result, even though not intended, is very dramatic, how beautiful nature can be, even when we intervene. But the thing that struck me was that the dark streams in the rock do not seem natural. The wall built to fill the dam causes puddles which seem to create a darker sediment. There is also a white streak that appears and seems to come from the chemical composition of the concreate.
My intention was to share a moment of beauty of nature and some people enjoying it. No other gain of any sort.

From the CASA rules which apply to everyone flying a drone in Australia. Onus of proof on the drone pilot if reported to CASA:
Incorrect. The onus of proof is on CASA.

However in this case, CASA has all the evidence they require for a conviction. The video clearly shows John is the pilot, that he is flying within Australia (Wave Rock), after drone laws were introduced (holding a MA2 controller) AND that he is breaking the law (within 30 metres of other people).

John, you may wish to take your video down from YouTube. Edit out the illegal footage and then repost.

The result, even though not intended, is very dramatic, how beautiful nature can be, even when we intervene. But the thing that struck me was that the dark streams in the rock do not seem natural. The wall built to fill the dam causes puddles which seem to create a darker sediment. There is also a white streak that appears and seems to come from the chemical composition of the concreate.
My intention was to share a moment of beauty of nature and some people enjoying it. No other gain of any sort.

What has this comment got todo with Wave Rock?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661