DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Way points and point of interest

draxler_17

Reactions
Hey guys! Is it possible to have the smoothness and camera focus from point of interest mode be recorded to waypoints? I mean, I have a subject but I need to take video/pictures of this subject on a regular basis to show progress. Any tips please? Can I record location of mavic during point of interest mode so I it will fly same path from the first path?

With DJI GO you can't combine modes, waypoints won't even record camera angle.
You want 3rd party apps for that.

Reactions: draxler_17
I've never used the waypoints feature with it so you might want to check at the doc or wait for someone with experience to answer.

Litchie has a Mission Hub site where you can set up missions on you computer, save them and recall them on site with a data connection. Mission Hub - Litchi. Work quite well. I do a bit of real estate work and can generally plan a flight before ever being onsite.

The dji apps are really bad at waypoint mapping . For some unknown reason, you have to fly the mission first manually to record the waypoints. Crazy and non productive and waste of battery time.
The best app for waypoints and poi is "FPV Camera"!
Their site is fpvbooster.com or you can go to the App Store.
I find it much more intuitive than Litchi and Autopilot!

Just looking to confirm that this hasn't changed as of 12/31/2017 and that you still can't combine a POI with waypoints and recorded missions using the DJI GO 5 app. Also, is "FPV Camera" still the best option for this?

I am going to record a construction site once a week for about 6 months and the tighter I can get to a precise repeated path, the cooler the results should be in the end. Worse case scenarios, I guess you just manual write down your distance from the POI, elevation, rotation speed, and try your best to match up the camera angle using a landmark or the horizon. Still, I would think this would be an on demand feature if they added to the app and simplified.

I also noticed in some youtube videos that the point of interest tends not to stay in the center of the frame, but that you can manually adjust in flight and in POI mode. So maybe my time lapse won't be as seamless as I would like. Maybe best to just let it drift if it does so consistently and deal with that in post (shooting in 4k but final product will be in 1080).

Reactions: GLO
I am going to record a construction site once a week for about 6 months and the tighter I can get to a precise repeated path, the cooler the results should be in the end. Worse case scenarios, I guess you just manual write down your distance from the POI, elevation, rotation speed, and try your best to match up the camera angle using a landmark or the horizon. Still, I would think this would be an on demand feature if they added to the app and simplified.

I also noticed in some youtube videos that the point of interest tends not to stay in the center of the frame, but that you can manually adjust in flight and in POI mode. So maybe my time lapse won't be as seamless as I would like.

I wanted to do the same. IE time lapse of a building site.
Can the Mavic Air use a preset waypoints and flightpath to achieve consistent video clips?

Use Litchie. You can pre-plan a waypoint flight. Set altitude, speed, points of interest, etc. You can set it up at home on you computer. Save it and load it on site. This would allow you to repeat a mission as required.
Mission Hub - Litchi.
I've used it frequently and it works like a charm.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98