DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Waypoint limitations in EU

mihaildorian

Reactions
i have one question :"" When using Waypoint Flight in the Eu ,the behavior of the aircraft when the remote controller signal is lost cannot be set to Continue '''' . This is from user manual of Air 3 . It is true,because i used this setting with Mavic 3 ....What is the truth ?

i have one question :"" When using Waypoint Flight in the Eu ,the behavior of the aircraft when the remote controller signal is lost cannot be set to Continue '''' . This is from user manual of Air 3 . It is true,because i used this setting with Mavic 3 ....What is the truth ?
I am pretty sure that both the Air 3 and the Mavic 3 employ "on-board" waypoints. Having "on-board" waypoints means that the drone is capable of continuing a waypoint mission even when there is a loss of signal from the controller. If someone knows this to be false, please let us know.

As you mention, in the Air 3 user manual this statement is found:

On Signal Lost The behavior of the aircraft when the remote controller signal is lost
during flight. It can be set to RTH, Hover, Land, or Continue.

Note: When using Waypoint Flight in the EU, the behavior of the aircraft when the remote
controller signal is lost cannot be set to Continue.
Interestingly, the above statement about flights in the EU is not included in the Mavic 3 manual. I am not familiar with what EU regulations required the removal of the "Continue" option to the "Lost Signal" setting for the Air 3 but not for the Mavic 3.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danski_inthe_Sky