DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Waypoint mapping

pamedic7

Reactions
Has anyone tried using the waypoint mapping? when you are creating your flight plan, is there a way for it to tell you if you will have enough battery life to complete the flight plan?

Has anyone tried using the waypoint mapping? when you are creating your flight plan, is there a way for it to tell you if you will have enough battery life to complete the flight plan?

That depends on what mapping app you want to use.
Let's use DJI GSPro for example:

1588962340205.png

Reactions: Spartan Drones
When you have finished your way points using DJI app it should tell you how long the mission is. If it’s going to be around 23+minutes I would suggest increasing the the speed of the mission in order to give you a safety margin. Practice in some big fields before you go and send your drone BVLOS. Use common sense rules full battery full controller battery, slight wind.

When you have finished your way points using DJI app it should tell you how long the mission is. If it’s going to be around 23+minutes I would suggest increasing the the speed of the mission in order to give you a safety margin. Practice in some big fields before you go and send your drone BVLOS. Use common sense rules full battery full controller battery, slight wind.

Good suggestion on a way to determine whether the speed needs to be increased, but please do not follow the 'implied' suggestion to go beyond VLOS, which would be against the law in North America.

So if you have a Apple tablet you can use the DJI Ground Station app, which will calc all of that for you. Look at their website, its what i use when making updated Aerials for my work. It will give flight times and battery changes, just pause mission, RTH, switch batteries, and then continue. Painless as possible.

So if you have a Apple tablet you can use the DJI Ground Station app, which will calc all of that for you. Look at their website, its what i use when making updated Aerials for my work. It will give flight times and battery changes, just pause mission, RTH, switch batteries, and then continue. Painless as possible.

same question posted in M2 general (not Zoom specific) forum, so please disregard this one.

is there a way to prepare route/waypoints on Android and/or Windows...and fly the route with DJI Go 4?
Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
5.jpg

Like this? Correct me if I am wrong.

Using a MA, I try to plan my missions with a max time of 10 minutes. Under normal circumstances, I then have about 5 to 8 minutes of flighttime left. Increasing the speed is one option to do this, making two missions out of it another.

Reactions: utsavchopra

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661