DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

waypoint not completed

teccer

Reactions
using litchi today doing a waypoint mission it lost download connection (behind trees) and stopped in position for about a minute until I pressed RTH, I know this as it showed on playback with the sd card, as the screen was frozen I thought that was because of the loss of signal but when I realised that it was not on it's way back I pressed RTH and it did,, I thought regardless of signal lost it would still complete the mission, I have the mini 2 set to RTH not hover, this photo is after I got home shows the message I got

Attachments

• 20220421_094711.jpg
    20220421_094711.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 15
The Mini 2 and other newer DJI drones can't continue a mission after loss of connection. The mission is constantly updated over the connection. No connection equals no more mission data being sent to the drone from the Litchi app via the controller.

The Mini 2 and other newer DJI drones can't continue a mission after loss of connection. The mission is constantly updated over the connection. No connection equals no more mission data being sent to the drone from the Litchi app via the controller.
maybe this will help explain.

also this from the litchi manual,
Place multiple waypoints on a map however far you want and the aircraft will fly from waypoint
to waypoint and complete the mission even if the signal is lost.

Last edited:
Place multiple waypoints on a map however far you want and the aircraft will fly from waypoint
to waypoint and complete the mission even if the signal is lost.
This doesn't work on newer drones (newer than Mavic 2 Pro) because of an SDK Software Limitation.

I am pretty sure the same thing happened to me with an early Beta version of Litchi.
On the mission, the Mavic Mini 1 lost communication and then began to hover.
I tried RTH, but this didn't help as I assume communications was still lost.
I had to walk toward the Mini until communications was restored and then RTH worked.
I had "Mission Action" configured for RTH.

...it lost download connection (behind trees) and stopped in position for about a minute ...it was not on it's way back I pressed RTH and it did...I have the mini 2 set to RTH not hover
You never lost the uplink, that's why your set failsafe action never was initiated ... can't double check your failsafe action though as it's not included in a Litchi .CSV log.

Below it's easy to see what happened ...

The white background is ordinary GPS mode
The pink background is the initiated waypoint mission
The green background is RTH
The blue background is landing
The green graph is the downlink in percent
The blue graph is the uplink in percent

The downlink went to 0% & the waypoint mission was aborted ... meanwhile the uplink was affected but still had a quality of lowest 60% ... so no failsafe was initiated.

(Click on the chart to make it larger)
1650547303777.png

...I thought regardless of signal lost it would still complete the mission
Just scanned Litchis web page ... & yeah, they doesn't mention that drones that uses "Virtual stick" to being able to have waypoint missions is relying on a constant communication between the AC & RC (mobile device). Mainly all drone models operated with the DJI Fly app can't continue a mission after a connection loss, all that uses the DJI GO 4 app can though & the last in line that can is the Mavic Air 1.

thanks Slup but if that's the case I think it's a waste of time using waypoint if it stops working if the connection is lost, so I recon it's better to just fly normally and if/when the link is lost then it should start RTH automatically,
correct?

a few years ago with my Phantom it would always finish the mission regardless, so it's a bit naughty not to let ppl know with the mini 2 that in this case it won't finish the mission

Be warned, DJI will not be interested, or cover you for any problems encountered when using third party software.
Hi C M.
that's the least of my worries, if I lost it I'd just buy another one, never had any type of insurance other than public liability which I've always had for all the 20+ planes and drones I've had in the past.
hope your having a good time.

Be warned, DJI will not be interested, or cover you for any problems encountered when using third party software.
That's a bit overstated ... & numerous of incidents here at the forum have shown that DJI will take their responsibility if the Litchi logs, in a similar way that Fly app or Go4 app logs can show that the fault is on their hardware or firmware. Furthermore you always have the AC DAT log for them to investigate if the AC isn't lost in the incident.

They will of course not be interested if the cause is coming from the Litchi app itself ...

thanks Slup but if that's the case I think it's a waste of time using waypoint if it stops working if the connection is lost, so I recon it's better to just fly normally and if/when the link is lost then it should start RTH automatically,
correct?

a few years ago with my Phantom it would always finish the mission regardless, so it's a bit naughty not to let ppl know with the mini 2 that in this case it won't finish the mission
For those drones that support waypoint missions onboard instead of via "virtual stick," Litchi now provides an option to terminate a mission if the connection is lost. The reason is that it happens to be illegal, just about everywhere, to continue a mission after losing connection: Even if you could still see your drone (which I'd bet you can't if it's that far away), you can't avoid other aircraft if you have no control. And IMO, it shouldn't even be an option; continuing a mission after connection loss is just a really bad idea.

Last edited:
That's a bit overstated ... & numerous of incidents here at the forum have shown that DJI will take their responsibility if the Litchi logs, in a similar way that Fly app or Go4 app logs can show that the fault is on their hardware or firmware. Furthermore you always have the AC DAT log for them to investigate if the AC isn't lost in the incident.

They will of course not be interested if the cause is coming from the Litchi app itself ...
I asked DJI directly about this issue and their answer was quite clear, they will not cover any incident caused when using third party software or attachments.

I asked DJI directly about this issue and their answer was quite clear, they will not cover any incident caused when using third party software or attachments.
That's not what we have seen in earlier incidents where hardware have been proven to be the cause of the incident & Litchi have been used.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78