DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Waypoints 2.0 functionality

Beny90

Reactions
I’m looking at upgrading from the original Mavic Pro to the new Mavic 3 Classic.

What I want to do is use waypoints to automate the location, altitude, direction the camera is pointing, and gimbal tilt for video. Am I correct in saying that Waypoints 2.0 allows me to do this? Waypoints 1.0 only allows me to automate the location and direction.

Also, is there a way to change the “sharpness” of the “curve” that blends the video between the waypoints? The original Mavic I have seems to have quite a sharp “curve” between the waypoints. As in, it flies straight toward one waypoint, gets to the location, then almost on the spot turns toward the next waypoint. What I’m after is a smooth arc of video and the ability to adjust the “curve”. I hope that makes sense.

I’m looking at upgrading from the original Mavic Pro to the new Mavic 3 Classic.

What I want to do is use waypoints to automate the location, altitude, direction the camera is pointing, and gimbal tilt for video. Am I correct in saying that Waypoints 2.0 allows me to do this? Waypoints 1.0 only allows me to automate the location and direction
Neither the Mavic 3 or the Mavic 3 Classic support waypoints , you have to bump up to the Enterprise edition. There are many that are puzzled by this as others have thought that it would just be included or added on latter thru and update.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic 3 in the Rain. Float on the Water.

Reactions: globetrotterdrone
What I want to do is use waypoints to automate the location, altitude, direction the camera is pointing, and gimbal tilt for video. Am I correct in saying that Waypoints 2.0 allows me to do this? Waypoints 1.0 only allows me to automate the location and direction.
Only way to do is, is using the Mavic 2 Pro with Litchi, which has full support for this - it's the last of the consumer drones.
Others with SDK (Mini 2) might support this via virtual stick input.

Otherwise, you can upgrade to the business series, like the Matrice, which features fully fletched waypoints for this purpose. DJI is actively limiting this feature to its higher and more expensive birds.

Last edited:
Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Only way to do is, is using the Mavic 2 Pro with Litchi, which has full support for this - it's the last of the consumer drones.
Others with SDK (Mini 2) might support this via virtual stick input.

Otherwise, you can upgrade to the business series, like the Matrice, which features fully fletched waypoints for this purpose. DJI is actively limiting this feature to its higher and more expensive birds.
Oh wow, that sucks. Even the Inspire doesn't have this function?
I mean, I'm not going to go and spend 3 times as much on an Inspire, let alone a Matrice just so I can have this. I don't think they are getting more $$$ just so people can have this function.
Also, just to clarify, even Waypoints 2.0 on the Mavic Pro 2 won't do what I've described?

you have to use Litchi:

Neither the Mavic 3 or the Mavic 3 Classic support waypoints , you have to bump up to the Enterprise edition. There are many that are puzzled by this as others have thought that it would just be included or added on latter thru and update.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic 3 in the Rain. Float on the Water.
It's a pity that this feature is not included in the M3 or M3C. God only knows when DJI wiill release the SDK for the M3 series where Litchi or other 3rd party apps can step in with advanced automated flight possibilities. This is one reason that I am not in a hurry to sell my M2p or Mini 2 even though I have a Mini 3 and plan to add one of the M3's this spring.

It's a pity that this feature is not included in the M3 or M3C. God only knows when DJI wiill release the SDK for the M3 series where Litchi or other 3rd party apps can step in with advanced automated flight possibilities. This is one reason that I am not in a hurry to sell my M2p or Mini 2 even though I have a Mini 3 and plan to add one of the M3's this spring.
Yes : the Mavic 2 Pro and Zoom continue to hold incredible value and have reached legendary Pilot status for many .

Meanwhile the Mother Mary Mavic 3 sits over her with her legs crossed choosing only to to do Fashion and Cinema Work,

UPDATED: Mavic 3 now support Way Points,

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water and take Mavic 3 on fun dates.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twistedpair