DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Waypoints at last in DJI Go4 !

i setup every thing after you press go you need to scroll down to find start !! think it's better to make it on the top

Last edited:
99. And I find that somewhat limiting.

SAR: My bad, I was using Search in Acrobat for "waypoint" and didn't realize I was in the Hyperlapse section when I saw five waypoints. Thanks. I couldn't believe they would be so limiting.

However, where did you find the number 99? I didn't see that anywhere in the manual.

I've never flown waypoints with either of my aircraft although I've been interested but, I just read the Waypoints section of the updated manual and apparently, the max number of waypoints is only 5. That seemed pretty limited but perhaps not. I've certainly seen folks with Litchi missions that had more than five.

I programmed a flight path with 9 viewpoints.
There appears to be no limit whatsoever.
Using IOS

SAR: My bad, I was using Search in Acrobat for "waypoint" and didn't realize I was in the Hyperlapse section when I saw five waypoints. Thanks. I couldn't believe they would be so limiting.

However, where did you find the number 99? I didn't see that anywhere in the manual.

I responding to a post about Litchi. I don't recall if the limit of 99 is documented for Litchi, but if you create a mission with more than 99 waypoints then Litchi will throw up a dialog box stating that 99 is the maximum. I have not used the DJI waypoint function.

Excellent tip, Dan as I had the same problem. Worked fine without the card.

Just updated GO 4 and firmware with the card installed (empty) and everything went smooth. I wonder if empty card is same as no card. After a quick test flight everything appears to be normal.

Hmmm, difficult to judge for me with the 5x.

Though I'd agree with you that the yaw seems smoother, but the POI tracking isn't very good.

In some ways I think it may be good that Go4 has similar problems, in that it may get fixed.

Check this video around 10:45:

Litchi and DJI Go use the same waypoint system, so the same yaw jerking bug applies in DJI Go.

Last edited:
Reactions: IanChap
Check this video around 10:45:

Litchi and DJI Go use the same waypoint system, so the same yaw jerking bug applies in DJI Go. Unfortunately DJI so far refuses to acknowledge/fix the bug because they "can't reproduce it".

I have just done a side-by-side comparison between Litchi and Go4 Waypojnt 2 missions and can confirm that both produce the same unusable jerky footage with the yaw movement - nothing to chose between them. So no improvement with this firmware - which is a huge diispointment.

The biggest difference is the interface. Even on an 9.4" iPad Go4 is very tricky to use with limited zoom in so as to select/move or delete individual points. It kook only a few mins in Litchi to set up a 6 point single POI in litchi - the same thing in Go4 was incredibility frustrating and took ten times as long and included 2 re-loads as I was simply unable to delete unwanted POIs.

Plus with Go4 the aircraft has to be turned on all the time while designing the mission, whereas with Litchi I could have sat in the car or even used mission hub from home!

Now to try AutoPilot.....

Reactions: aj.uk
I have just done a side-by-side comparison between Litchi and Go4 Waypojnt 2 missions and can confirm that both produce the same unusable jerky footage with the yaw movement - nothing to chose between them. So no improvement with this firmware - which is a huge diispointment.
Yes I've done the same this morning (before reading your post) and come to the same conclusion. So surely it's a DJI firmware problem?

Which I'd hope DJI will now put more effort into resolving, now it's not just a third-party problem. It's pretty bad! There's no user intervention in this footage.

What is really ridiculous, is that with my previous 'inferior' drone (Mavic Air), Litchi missions were silky smooth.

Last edited:
The biggest advantgae to using Litchi, over DJI, for me is their Mission Hub. Being able to do all your routes on the computer (large screen), makes all the difference to me. Plus, the Litchi interface seems much more intuitive.

The biggest advantgae to using Litchi, over DJI, for me is their Mission Hub. Being able to do all your routes on the computer (large screen), makes all the difference to me. Plus, the Litchi interface seems much more intuitive.

I agree. I have used Litchi for a few years now. Just thought I would try DJI's. Not having the mission hub will make me stay with Litchi.

I'd like to see further samples or opinions (if anyone has any to share or upload) showing how 2.0 waypoints handles yaw around waypoints. I note that in the setup menu you have two choices to modify path; straight or curved. No control over the size of the curve, like Litchi has. Is 2.0 an improvement of Litchi's jumpy waypoint yaw? Any thought's would be great; I'm currently snowed in in Michigan

I'd like to see further samples or opinions (if anyone has any to share or upload) showing how 2.0 waypoints handles yaw around waypoints. I note that in the setup menu you have two choices to modify path; straight or curved. No control over the size of the curve, like Litchi has. Is 2.0 an improvement of Litchi's jumpy waypoint yaw? Any thought's would be great; I'm currently snowed in in Michigan
Sadly there's no improvement, still jerky :-(

I have this morning been on to DJI via messenger. When I used the word jerky, their system told me that if I swore again, the conversation would end! :-D

Sadly there's no improvement, still jerky :-(

I have this morning been on to DJI via messenger. When I used the word jerky, their system told me that if I swore again, the conversation would end! :-D

I guess they are JITTERY about jerky comments! I hope you found a way to communicate your thoughts! (g)

Reactions: IanChap
Many have indicated that once you are in waypoint mode, you can turn off your AC. However your altitude is limited.
So, you can configure your task offline with exception to altitude, then edit the waypoints with AC on and fix up the heights. You should save battery that way.

Reactions: ff22
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929