DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Waypoints for Air on DJI Go?

franj

Reactions
Hi all, I see that Litchi now has released a full (not Beta) version which supports waypoints fro the Mavic Air. Do you think that DJI are going to follow suit and included them in the Go 4 app for Air? I am considering buying the Litchi app but it seems the only advantage is waypoints, is this right?

Litchi supports, Waypoints, Course Lock & Home Lock, Also waypoint control is far beyond Go App in my opinion.

Specifically when it comes to the Air. With only 18 mins of flight time, even if waypoints become available Air. you would need to fly the mission first moving the camera and drone into position at each waypoint first, then start the waypoint mission.

Therefore when setting up a waypoint mission, First you need to get into position.

At waypoints you can control focus points exactly, then take Pictures, Start & Stop recording and more. Each waypoint with stay focused on the interest automatically regardless of drone distance, height etc... set at each waypoint.

More than worth the small price to pay.

Sounds good, and yes I was aware the the Litchi app supported waypoints but is good to hear they work well. My concern is that I have purchased the DJI care plan and have read that DJI will not honour it if you don't use the Go 4 app? which would mean I have completely wasted my money on that if it is true, would be much simpler if DJI supported the need in the community and added waypoints to the Go 4 app, it was supposed to be there in the beginning then it was removed form the advertising.

I use Litchi only in Waypoint missions, normal flying i'll use Go instead. Litchi is very good.
Try mission planner first, very simple to do nice flights, no Litchi needed to own test it how those missions are made.

Mission Hub - Litchi

Jani

Thanks Jani, I was considering just that. I think that the waypoints missions should be pretty safe anyway and use the DJI Go app for everything else. It's just frustrating that DJI have not included waypoints in their app, and we have to pay for another.

Hi all, I see that Litchi now has released a full (not Beta) version which supports waypoints fro the Mavic Air. Do you think that DJI are going to follow suit and included them in the Go 4 app for Air? I am considering buying the Litchi app but it seems the only advantage is waypoints, is this right?
No DJI is not going to follow suit. Litchi (android) or Autopilot (IOS) are going to be your only options. Besides that DJI waypoints suck. You have to pre-fly them to record them. Then it will fly them. How bush league is that?

have you looked at DJI's 'ground station'?
Currently (Apr 26, 2018) , Groundstation Pro supports these aircraft: (Mavic AIR is not in the list)

GS Pro is compatible with the following DJI aerial platforms and flight controllers:
Phantom 3 Standard/4K/Advanced/Professional, Phantom 4/Pro, Inspire 1/Inspire 2, Matrice 100/600/600 Pro, A3, N3, and Mavic Pro,

Compatible cameras: Phantom 3 Standard/4K/Advanced/Professional, Phantom 4/Pro, and Zenmuse X3, X5, X5R, X4S, X5S, and Z3

pre-fly? have you looked at DJI's 'ground station'? Ground Station on the App Store
The reference was to waypoints on DJI GO4 not ground station. And yes you have to pre-fly to the spot you want to set as a waypoint and record it prior to flying it. using GO4. "bush league". Waypoints will not be coming to the air in DJIGO4.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JJ112