DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Waypoints for Mavic Pro

Blackadder

Reactions
Hi all, thankyou for accepting me as a new member.. I have a question that I can't seem to find an answer for.
First up, I have a Mavic Pro (MP1). No modifications, but with the latest firmware. I have owned it for a few years and it gets a run a few times a year for personal photo sessions. Recently I was flying a Slope Glider over a valley approx 200M square and lost the glider. I am going to go back in an attempt to find it using my MP1. And as this will be a one off, and due to the little I fly, I don't want the cost of buying a new drone for a $1000 glider.
What I want to do, is just set the launch point and the drone fly out x meters and then turn 90 degrees travel y meters turn 90 degrees travel x meters back and continue for 10 or 20 runs, all the time looking down & videoing the seach area.
Things I know:
1. Waypoints 2.0 does not work with MP1;
2. I can not write a search program for the MP1; and
3. The only way to enter waypoints in a MP1 is to manually fly the route and mark the turn points, which sort of defeats the purpose..
Things I don't know:
1. Is there any third part app add-on that allows a MP1 to achieve this task;
2. Is this remotely possible.

Hello from the crossroads of America Blackadder.

I don't have this app but other pilots do and it seems popular.

litchi is a waypoint app that may work with your drone.

You can create mapping missions at home using a computer or in the field that can be saved and used again in the future.

Good luck and welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Hi all, thankyou for accepting me as a new member.. I have a question that I can't seem to find an answer for.
First up, I have a Mavic Pro (MP1). No modifications, but with the latest firmware. I have owned it for a few years and it gets a run a few times a year for personal photo sessions. Recently I was flying a Slope Glider over a valley approx 200M square and lost the glider. I am going to go back in an attempt to find it using my MP1. And as this will be a one off, and due to the little I fly, I don't want the cost of buying a new drone for a $1000 glider.
What I want to do, is just set the launch point and the drone fly out x meters and then turn 90 degrees travel y meters turn 90 degrees travel x meters back and continue for 10 or 20 runs, all the time looking down & videoing the seach area.
Things I know:
1. Waypoints 2.0 does not work with MP1;
2. I can not write a search program for the MP1; and
3. The only way to enter waypoints in a MP1 is to manually fly the route and mark the turn points, which sort of defeats the purpose..
Things I don't know:
1. Is there any third part app add-on that allows a MP1 to achieve this task;
2. Is this remotely possible.
Litchi does support Mavic Pro use, as does DRONE HARMONY which will allow you to construct a grid search on your PC and then export it as a 'mission' to your drone. With older drones, you might be better off using the LEGACY APP version.
Welcome to the forum.

Welcome to the forum from the beautiful woods of Maine!
Good luck with your search, we hope you are successful!

Welcome to the forum!

I hope this is good start. 👌

Rod ..

Welcome to the forum.We look forward to your participation and your view of the world.

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!

Greetings from Chicago the Windy City, welcome to the forum.
FLY SAFE & FLY SMART
Hope you figure out a way to find your glider.

Reactions: LoudThunder
Hi all, thankyou for accepting me as a new member..

Welcome from the Hampton Roads area of Virginia, USA. We have a Member's Map in the Upper Right of the Title Bar. Click on "Members" and then Click on "Member's Map…" Check it out and you might find some new flying friends.

Fly Safe…

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Madejow95