DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Waypoints-max height reached

KBF

Reactions
I planned my first waypoint mission around the farm last night, just as an exercise, planning on the rc, not by flying.
This morning I tried to execute it. I take off, action the mission from a six foot hover and it tells me max height reached, mission cancelled ( or words to that effect) I tried again , pushing it up to 200’ before starting the mission…. same deal. I have the max height set on the rc to 380’.
I’m obviously doing something dumb, but what?

Other than asking the drone more politely this might be a case for DJI....nothing obvious from what you said...obviously :)

Create a mission by flying your drone and see if it carries it out correctly.

Reactions: jeff Voigt and KBF
Create a mission by flying your drone and see if it carries it out correctly.
Just tried that and it worked perfectly. So .... wonder what's going on with the pre planned route? All settings on the RC look correct but if I open Fly on my phone it has max alt, RTH alt and max distance set to minimums and won't let me change them, the sliders just drop back to minimum. But I don't even need my phone connected surely? I just opened the app out of interest.

Just tried that and it worked perfectly. So .... wonder what's going on with the pre planned route? All settings on the RC look correct but if I open Fly on my phone it has max alt, RTH alt and max distance set to minimums and won't let me change them, the sliders just drop back to minimum. But I don't even need my phone connected surely? I just opened the app out of interest.
I am not sure. I haven't tried creating a mission without flying the drone (except for Litichi missions with my P4Pv2). I'll have to give it a try and see what happens. Could be just a programing problem with the app.

Reactions: KBF
if I open Fly on my phone it has max alt, RTH alt and max distance set to minimums and won't let me change them
I don't understand this. If you're making and flying the missions with your smart rc, where does the phone come in? To change max alt, RTH alt and max distance you have to be connected to the drone.

Reactions: mobilehomer
I don't understand this. If you're making and flying the missions with your smart rc, where does the phone come in? To change max alt, RTH alt and max distance you have to be connected to the drone.
I set up the whole mission ( alt, waypoints, camera direction, gimble angle etc) on the RC, not connected to the drone. I only mentioned the phone in case someone thought it may have some relevance.

I set up the whole mission ( alt, waypoints, camera direction, gimble angle etc) on the RC, not connected to the drone. I only mentioned the phone in case someone thought it may have some relevance.
I make/fly all my waypoint missions on my tablet with the RC-N1, because waypoint missions on the DJI RC suck. So I can't really comment on your problem, other than say it doesn't seem right. BTW. Nice horse!

Reactions: KBF
Does anyone know if there is a default alt setting on the rc anywhere? One it uses offline? I can’t find one but that would explain this problem.

Does anyone know if there is a default alt setting on the rc anywhere? One it uses offline? I can’t find one but that would explain this problem.
The default altitude of waypoints is 160 feet but you can't change it.

The default altitude of waypoints is 160 feet but you can't change it.
Not drone altitude, I was wondering if there was a setting telling the rc that it was at a certain height when offline, like maybe somewhere in china. I’m almost at see level anyway but if it’s set at or below my alt as a reference point for offline mission planning… ?

Is it possible when you set up the waypoints while not connected to the drone it was defaulting to meters instead of feet? That would explain why it wouldn't go higher.

Is it possible when you set up the waypoints while not connected to the drone it was defaulting to meters instead of feet? That would explain why it wouldn't go higher.
If it was meters I'd get 3 x the height I think but no, it was in feet.

Perhaps DJI tech support can help.

[email protected]
I spent far longer than I could spare on 'chat' to them, trying out different suggestions as we went along, none of which worked, then they asked me to video the problem, which I did, so they could refer it to their tech team. They said I'd hear in 1-2 days. That was Wednesday or Thursday last week. Hopefully I'll hear this week. I'll see if I can post the video here. It's a bit large so maybe I can't.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne