DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Waypoints Question

1radman

Reactions
Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere but I couldn't find it....

I live and fly (Mavic 2 Zoom) all the time in a yellow warning geozone without issue. I can set waypoints when I'm actually in flight but if I want preplan a waypoint flight the app says "can't place waypoint in warning zone"....anybody have this issue? Doesnt make sense since I can set waypoints there while in flight.

I dont really want to use a 3rd party app like Litchi but is that my only option??

Thanks again for your help.

Why not use one of the much better mission apps? Dronelink has a free beta, and Litchi works well.

Hi

Are you using the Smart Controller?

I have this issue with the Mavic 2 Pro and the Smart Controller. It broke with a software update as I was working previously.

After dozens of emails back and forth with DJI support they finally acknowledged there was a bug that blocked waypoints with the Smart Controller. A few weeks later there was a software update but it did not correct the issue.

I purchased a standard controller to use when I need to set waypoints in warning zones.

Not what I really want to use but don’t see any other solutions other then roll back the Smart Controller software and lose other features.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan