DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

We need more comprehensive app features

You can plan missions with Google Earth (from a desktop or laptop), save them to dropbox and upload them into AutoPilot. I've done it multiple times. If you plan in Google Earth, you save the KML file to your desk/laptop. I save the file and them move it to my dropbox, with dropbox on the mobile device you'll be using, go to the file and open it from there. It will upload the mission into AutoPilot. There's a weird step you have to do with making the KML file available offline (on your mobile device) before AutoPilot will see it though.

Err...I don't use Dropbox. Any other alternative to import the file?

MK

Err...I don't use Dropbox. Any other alternative to import the file?

MK

hmmmm.. you may be able to email the file to yourself and open/save it from the email on your mobile device.

hmmmm.. you may be able to email the file to yourself and open/save it from the email on your mobile device.

Yes, that would probably work...but the thing is: How do I go about opening it in the app? I mean, when I select "Load Flight Plan" all the app does is open a box titled "Flight Plans": It is empty, obviously, because I didn't save any yet but there seems to be no provision to access anything else like, for instance, a folder containing the transferred KML file.

I don't know if my relative illiteracy on the iOs ecosystem is a playing factor here...:rolleyes:

MK

Why should I pay for third party apps to unlock the h/w's capabilities when 1. it will invalidate any claim against DJI if there's a problem and 2. DJI can add the feature in an update?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman