DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Weak antenna signal: adjust antenna and avoid signal block

ngdrone

Reactions
Anybody has solution for this " weak antenna signal" ? Once I reach 1750 ft, this red warning pops up.

Where are you flying (near large metal objects, city, rural, around power lines, buildings, terrain - hills valleys, etc.)?

Reactions: papimavic
Too many factors, please give more details of your situation to begin ruling stuff out

I always fly in a open plain field. Few houses on the way, no high buildings, no power lines. Antenna is set parallel as instructed. Good GPS(14). Flying at around 150-200 ft highs . Once reaching about 1700ft distance red warning of weak antenna signal appears, and it back to normal when pull back to 1500ft.

Too many factors, please give more details of your situation to begin ruling stuff out
I always fly in a open plain field. Few houses on the way, no high buildings, no power lines. Antenna is set parallel as instructed. Good GPS(14). Flying at around 150-200 ft highs . Once reaching about 1700ft distance red warning of weak antenna signal appears, and it back to normal when pull back to 1500ft.

Where are you flying (near large metal objects, city, rural, around power lines, buildings, terrain - hills valleys, etc.)?

Just chatted with DJI, they do not have explanation or solution, but suggest to reload or re flesh firmware. I did reflesh the firmware but have not flew yet due to weather condition. Anybody has any fix for this "weak signal" issue?

I've experienced the same... Here is what I have found so far. In and around the city I can only get about 2000' or less before getting the same message. When I travel outside the city where there is little chance of interference I've gotten out to 2 miles and only had to bring it back because of the battery. Still had good signal.

So... I think that it's about all the wireless interference in the area. I have not been able to compare with others that also have the same drone in the same area. That is coming soon though. My first drone I returned to DJI for this very reason. The second drone they sent was screwed up whacko absolutely no reason it should have left the factory at all... the third is the same as the first. So possible that the first was not defective as I believed. But I have followed all the technical advice of DJI with no change to the issue at all.

So.. Take it out to some remote area outside the city.. well outside. Test and see what you get.

Im new to the drone world and my mavic. Ive only tested out my mavic out side me house and i live in a normal suburban area with trees . I fly about 50meter up and i only get about 200 meters away from my home point before i see this message. Is this normal? Surely I should get more.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack_0851