DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Weak Connection or Signal Interference Warning.

DanielCreed3

Reactions
I have been flying for the past couple of days with my relatively new MM. I am new to this hobby as well. Here is my problem, when I begin to reach 1,400' to 2,000' away from my home point at say, 200' to 300' AGL, I begin to experience a weak signal warning. On two occasions now, my iPhone 6S screen has gone completely black several seconds after receiving the warning which is unnerving to say the least. On one occasion, the RTH function was activated. I live in the mountains if that would make a difference. Is there anything that I can do to improve my range? Or, am I doing something wrong? Based on what I have seen in reviews, the MM should be able to reach at least a mile without any problems. Thank you all!

My Mini ( FCC model ) can go out to 1.6 km in low-interference environment. Are you sure you have got the FCC model ? Make sure that there is not any obstacles between the drone and the RC. Turning off the phone's WiFi or putting it into airplane mode may help. Try other remote areas. If all fails, send it back to DJI

Reactions: DanielCreed3
My Mini ( FCC model ) can go out to 1.6 km in low-interference environment. Are you sure you have got the FCC model ? Make sure that there is not any obstacles between the drone and the RC. Try other remote areas. If all fails, send it back to DJI
Dumb question but how do I know if it’s the FCC model?

am I doing something wrong? Based on what I have seen in reviews, the MM should be able to reach at least a mile without any problems.
What you are doing wrong is assuming that you should be able to reach the max distance achievable (under optimum conditions), in your local flying environment.
The distance you can achieve is variable and depends on the amount of interference in your vicinity.
Go someplace else and you might get less, and at another it could be more.
The numbers you mention are quite normal.

What you are doing wrong is assuming that you should be able to reach the max distance achievable (under optimum conditions), in your local flying environment.
The distance you can achieve is variable and depends on the amount of interference in your vicinity.
Go someplace else and you might get less, and at another it could be more.
The numbers you mention are quite normal.
That’s good to know. Thank you!

Here is what I know about the MM, it was never designed to fly long distance. As was said, depends on the environment, and the interference in your area. MM does not benefit from having Occusync, which means its signal is more prone to interference from a high WIFI area ETC. Primary role of the MM is to fly as a selfie camera.
don"t take my word for it, please read the manual. If, your going to fly distance, activate Find my drone. Because sooner or later it will happen, not speaking from experience, just from seeing pilots lose their drones on this forum. I own two MP's
and they were designed for distance, never fly the distance. Here is one thing that could happen; where you take off from. Disagreement between the IMU and compass
yew values, often caused by taking off from a locally magnetically distorted site.
So, even if your flying over a non populated area, but your take off point was a magnetically distorted area, will effect your Bird. Flight control problems are cause by FIVE more issues, one of them is Wind speeds in excess of the design limits of the aircraft. You might want to Google the answers to that statement, or check your manual. I believe in taking preventive measures. And, I am looking forward to buying a MM myself, right now lacking funds. Fly Safe, have fun.

Reactions: Tomas H.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sverkerh