Join Us Now

Weapons makers declare war on Drones- From today's WSJ

Grtday

Reactions
See attached artilcle

Attachments

• Weapons makers declaere war.pdf
    146.2 KB · Views: 365
Wonder if FAA registered drone users will one day have to have a chip in the drone to broadcast the number to avoid this kind of thing. Not only the drone cost, but the cost to the taxpayer of shooting it down unnecessarily.

Reactions: Pipo1943
Wonder if FAA registered drone users will one day have to have a chip in the drone to broadcast the number to avoid this kind of thing. Not only the drone cost, but the cost to the taxpayer of shooting it down unnecessarily.
I've been saying this all along. Built in transponder with your number.

I can see a jammer working but picking it up on radar and then being able to target a MP2 would be a major challenge if it is moving at any speed. there is just not enough of a radar cross section for the radar. flying low would make it even harder. I would guess that the "attack" system would have to be deployed almost next to the drone....

Reactions: Drgnfli
I can see a jammer working but picking it up on radar and then being able to target a MP2 would be a major challenge if it is moving at any speed. there is just not enough of a radar cross section for the radar. flying low would make it even harder. I would guess that the "attack" system would have to be deployed almost next to the drone....
Technology is evolving a little faster than you may be aware. I mean if they can shoot individual mosquitos with lasers I'm pretty sure MP2s wouldn't be much of a challenge :)

Reactions: ff22
Well, there goes the arms race! If you build a better mouse trap the mice will start arming themselves...

NB

Reactions: Prmath
I guess this guy has the Russian equivalent of a U.S. class 4FFL.... and what did he do with all the rubble he created in the countryside! :rolleyes:

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cjd54