DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini Weeki wachee preserve (phosphate water)

Oh for pete sake, tell us about that interesting photo!

Reactions: MS Coast
Shot on my mini 1 at the phosphate mines at the weeki wachee preserve in Florida, the water is that green color because the the phosphate and probably other minerals leeching into the water

Interesting photos

Thanks for posting those photos. I was wondering what those lakes looked like. We camped about five miles from there in January but didn't have time to get to the preserve. I was expecting something very different. We're hoping to get back that way before the weather warms up too much and get to the preserve this time.

On an amusing side note, my seventh grade home room teacher was a former Weekie Wachee Springs mermaid. Every one of we boys in the class had a serious crush on her.

Reactions: Minipilot14
We Floridians voted the money to repair the springs but..but..but the $ seems to end up elsewhere. Same with Everglades, Lake Okeechobee, and Piney Point, the cause of recent massive algae blooms and red tides. Bad-aids don't work, gov to slow or just blind. Been a FL waterman for 60 yrs, sad to see.

Reactions: Minipilot14
We Floridians voted the money to repair the springs but..but..but the $ seems to end up elsewhere. Same with Everglades, Lake Okeechobee, and Piney Point, the cause of recent massive algae blooms and red tides. Bad-aids don't work, gov to slow or just blind. Been a FL waterman for 60 yrs, sad to see.
It's also fertilizer runoff from agriculture, especially the sugar cane industry, and from all the lawns and golf courses. Not to mention all the nutrients put into the system from sewage disposal. And all the hard surfaces create more flash runoff into the coastal waters without rainwater being able to percolate into the soil. Like so many similar problems here on the Gulf coast, just too many people.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greg190