DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Weird distance/height limit error

BerndM

Reactions
Lately I have been seeing an error pop up in the upper left part of my display telling me there is a 30/50M height and distance limit on my Mavic, but then it goes away after about 5 seconds and I can fly out to my own set limits of 100M height and 1000M distance with no problems.
What's going on??
:confused:

I've seen this when the latest App / Firmware isn't installed. Try uninstalling and reinstalling the app, sign in to your DJI account and see if it goes away.

I have the very latest iOS app (4.1.18) and firmware for the MP. and I have verified all my Go4 settings.
I also went ahead and did the compass and IMU calibrations even though it did not request it.
I will try it out tomorrow.

Maybe just try logging out of your dji account and then log back in. Firmware I don't know about as I'm way behind at

Your answer is exactly what I am asking about.
How do you KNOW that you are running .200
I can't seen to find any way to determine which FW I have.
I shouldn't be this hard to get this information but so far. no luck.
I have NEVER been able to get any connection with that Assistant 2 thing on my PC following the directions exactly.
It simply won't connect. All it EVER shows is that silly Inspire 2 page.

...I can't seen to find any way to determine which FW I have...

...I have NEVER been able to get any connection with that Assistant 2 thing on my PC following the directions exactly.
It simply won't connect. All it EVER shows is that silly Inspire 2 page.
You can see which versions your app, aircraft, and remote controller are using from the main page of the Go 4 app. Touch the 3 dots in the top right corner to get the General Settings page then scroll down to the bottom and touch About.

I can't help with Assistant 2. I have not used it for a while.

My 3rd day with my MPP. It flew perfectly at my finca. Height and distance no problem.

Then I drove up the road into the hills and it would not go above 30m or more than about 70m away. Stating that it had reached its height and distance limit. I checked I was not in Beginner mode and the height limit was set to 500m. No joy. Took it in and out of Beginner mode. Still no joy.

I'm pretty sure I'm on the latest s/w & f/w as it is brand new and it did all the updates before the first flight.

S/W 4.1.18
MPP 01.04.0100
R/C 01.04.0100
Air D/b 01.00.01.07
App D/b 01.00.01.07
Flysafe 01.00.01.05

I will try another flight this afternoon from the hill above our village and see what happens.

A Puzzled PB

Last edited:
Pondboy, try resetting your Return to Home location to your new position before taking off.

Reactions: Pondboy
Pondboy, try resetting your Return to Home location to your new position before taking off.

Aaah, thanks.

That must be it.

I tried it it the hill, no problems, but I had done a precision take off, rather than the manual stick one I did in the hills.

Also played with Litchi for the first time. Ooh, lovely jubbly.

This thread reminded me that when I flew mine once over this past wknd. I had just done the FW update and charged my batteries only to have one fail. Anyway, flying above the house, it told me I had reached my height limit at 82'. I looked and my limit setting was at 120m. I didn't get the chance to fly it again to see what happened.

You can see which versions your app, aircraft, and remote controller are using from the main page of the Go 4 app. Touch the 3 dots in the top right corner to get the General Settings page then scroll down to the bottom and touch About.

I can't help with Assistant 2. I have not used it for a while.

When I did that, all I get on the "About" sections is this
I copied it down EXACTLY as it showed

App Version 4.1.18
Basic App Fly Safe Database 01.00.01.05
Precise App Fly Safe Database 01.00.01.07

Flight Controller Serial Number N/A

That is ALL that showed up under "About"

Still no FW version that I can see.
:(

When I did that, all I get on the "About" sections is this
I copied it down EXACTLY as it showed

App Version 4.1.18
Basic App Fly Safe Database 01.00.01.05
Precise App Fly Safe Database 01.00.01.07

Flight Controller Serial Number N/A

That is ALL that showed up under "About"

Still no FW version that I can see.
:(
I don't know why DJI would have changed the layout from 4.1.15 to .18 but my About page shows:

App 4.1.15
Aircraft 01.04.0000
Remote Controller 01.04.0000
Aircraft Database 01.00.01.07
App Database 01.00.01.07
Basic Fly Safe Database 01.00.01.05
Flight Controller SN 08RDE....

Thanks. :)
I can't believe that DJI would purposely make it sooooo difficult to verify which FW is running on the MP.
Hopefully it's just another in a long series screwups on DJI's part which will hopefully be corrected soon.
Nothing like being an unwilling Beta Tester, over and over again.:(

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sverkerh