DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Weird Light in Video

Hi @Meta4

Its one of the most fascinating things to film I think, when the conditions are right. It often gives very atmospheric imagery imo.

I really don't mean to come across as anti Mavic 3, I love lens flares, its just this one triggers my OCD bigtime lol.

Does it not seem weird to have a camera and the one thing you cant film (with the M3) is any scenes with the sun in the frame? I would only really expect to hear this is if Dracula was involved somehow.

Golden hour is just too good to miss and I'm being as honest as I can when I say that this particular lens flare is just straight up ugly and very different to what I have seen in 3 years of filming with my M2P and unlike most lens flares period.
Well said. With M3 it's NOT pointing directly at the sun. I love some flares, especially when at the right angle you can get beams of light falling across the frame. I second your view. Nit just the green dot, but the rusty smudge that accompanies it is horrendous. It sats something when you are putting extra effort to get it out if the frame. I think my Evo 2 Pro is probably too sensitive to flares, as you get a lot during golden hour. But it is absolutely stunning when it occurs with multiple elements, pentagons of violet, amber rays, and deep red arrows. I seek to exploit it versus avoid it, lol.

Reactions: Point Zero
For context I recently had to send an Oculus Rift S back for a replacement, the refurbished (as new) replacement has this very similar green dot at the very edge of the screen. It's also been put down to the way the lens was made and nothing can be done about it. My first headset didn't have the same problem. Unfortunately some will have this problem some won't. I wouldn't put up with it though in this instance.

Your example would be easy to mask out in After Effects using the ‘content aware fill‘ effect If desired. Not ideal obviously, but might be handy if you needed to save a clip.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rmgde