DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

well done DJI for listening

I fully support your comments however, when DJI no longer supply batteries for my Mavic Air I find this a major failure I have a perfect Drone that when the batteries start to fail I will have an expensive paper weight, even part used batteries are difficult to locate and come with obvious risks, so it's not all good news re DJI, if anyone out there is offering Mavic Air batteries for sale please contact me.
unfortunately this is something that happens with nearly all consumer electronics ,they have a finite lifespan ,i cant get any batteries for my MPP anymore unless i opt for none OEM ones
it is now over 4 years old ,which is almost a lifetime ,in consumer drone terms ,it still flies as it did when it was new ,and my 4 batteries still hold at least 96% charge with over 200 flights on 3 of them and the 4th one not far behind ,and i know that the day will come when the batteries do eventually give up the ghost that its flying days will be over ,but i have more than had my fair share of enjoyment from it already ,and all the hours of video and pics are always there to look at stored on my external hard drive

well here we all are ,and despite some of the DJI bashing that goes on in this forum ,i for one would like to thank DJI for the recent inclusion of waypoints for the Mavic 3 stable of drones ,and for bringing out a more affordable Mavic 3 classic ,and now a Mini 3 as well
and another big innovation that has happened is the DJI RC, that now supports 5 yes 5 different drone versions ,that can all be flown with just one controller ,yes they do ,and have made mistakes ,which everyone likes to jump on, and complain about ,but its great to see that they do take into account the concerns of their consumers ,and are trying to improve all the time

i say well done DJI keep up the good work
Are the waypoints using virtual sticks?

Reactions: old man mavic
@GFields in the thread upgrading M3 experience posted by @Dale D there is a video explaining how the system works ,that may answer your question

@GFields in the thread upgrading M3 experience posted by @Dale D there is a video explaining how the system works ,that may answer your question
Thanks, just watched it. I went brain-dead for a moment when asking the question as Litchi is the app that uses virtual sticks in the DJI Fly App. this update for the M3 works like "keyframing" in the Skydio.

Thanks, mate

@Chaosrider hi there as i dont have a mavic 3 myself, i cant really say how well the waypoints feature works, the 5 drones are the new Mini 3, the Mini 3 pro, the Mavic 3 classic,and the original mavic 3 with the telephoto lens ,and of course not forgetting the A2s
OK, those are all in the step-up category from my existing Mini-fleet.

I'm probably going to have to move in the not too distant future...the house I've been renting for 3 years has just been sold...and I'll probably wait until I see where I end up before doing a drone step-up.

Thx,

TCS

@GFields ,for me it seems that by doing what they have done with the DJI RC in respect of adding waypoints for the M3 , and the various drones that can be flown with it ,that i doubt if they are going to release any SDK s ,for outside vendors to use any time soon ,but i could be wrong of course, thats just my gut feeling right now

@GFields ,for me it seems that by doing what they have done with the DJI RC in respect of adding waypoints for the M3 , and the various drones that can be flown with it ,that i doubt if they are going to release any SDK s ,for outside vendors to use any time soon ,but i could be wrong of course, thats just my gut feeling right now
I agree. I read somewhere that the Enterprise Series might get the SDK release. I just added the Skydio 2+ to my fleet. If I were to buy an M3 it would be the M3E

well here we all are ,and despite some of the DJI bashing that goes on in this forum ,i for one would like to thank DJI for the recent inclusion of waypoints for the Mavic 3 stable of drones ,and for bringing out a more affordable Mavic 3 classic ,and now a Mini 3 as well
and another big innovation that has happened is the DJI RC, that now supports 5 yes 5 different drone versions ,that can all be flown with just one controller ,yes they do ,and have made mistakes ,which everyone likes to jump on, and complain about ,but its great to see that they do take into account the concerns of their consumers ,and are trying to improve all the time

i say well done DJI keep up the good work
I was really surprised when I found out they added waypoints in the new app version.
This is a huge addition.

Whoa. That's the first I've heard about being able to use Waypoints on the Mavic 3. Maybe I haven't been paying attention recently, but how does it go about doing this? Are we talking Litchi capability here or do we have to fly the route first? Also, can this be done with the DJI RC? Thanks in advance for the info
Has always been available on the Mavic two pro
available on the Mavic2pro?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_