DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Wetsuits ????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the info after that I do have one more question if you have multiple batteries can you order just the part that covers the battery for your other ones without having to buy the whole suit again what do you have a 3 battery package or anything like that cuz otherwise you can only use one battery with the suit

All the forum members get 3 Battery covers with there order and get Two Color Designs with there purchase:
Just email me [email protected] and I will send you out the invoice for the special order

Reactions: shutterup
I spoke to somebody from phantom reyn.org and he clarified that the material is non-porous so it's not exactly a wetsuit they're just using the name wetsuit I guess cuz people are familiar with it but it doesn't actually work like a wetsuit it does not trap water I don't think that you can fly them in the rain like they say but I don't see it some extra protection on the drone hurting in case you get caught and it starts to rain

People put go pros and extra light etc on their drones no one talks about that being bad for the drone I want to fly mine in the snow and get some cool pics this winter so all I'm saying is I'm sure it's better to have that on then nothing I saw the videos they didn't fall them as I'm sure it's not great for the drone probably isn't much worse then a go pro and extra lighting ? And I don't know about him posting everywhere all I was saying is I asked the question and he reached out to answer some of them now if he's spamming every post ones that have nothing to do with it that's another story I wish I wish DJI or somebody on YouTube would do as some extensive tests on them cuz obviously the company selling them is the one making the videos so they're not going to be subjective to their own product

GoPros and extra lighting also increase weight and effect performance (plenty of documented crashes on here and DJI where they've interfered with sensors,compass etc causing flyaways, battery drain etc).
The drones can cope with a lot but have limits and endurance and stability are affected.
My main issues with the silly little neoprene pouches are (i) neoprene is definitely going to reduce cooling ability and (ii) wont work to keep water out anyway.

Reactions: SXViper03
I would *LOVE* to see some third party tests of this product. It seems the claims are pretty extraordinary... and as Carl Sagan was fond of saying "extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."

Until then I will relegate it to the same bin as magnetic weight loss bracelets and HD vision sunglasses.

I would *LOVE* to see some third party tests of this product. It seems the claims are pretty extraordinary... and as Carl Sagan was fond of saying "extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."

Until then I will relegate it to the same bin as magnetic weight loss bracelets and HD vision sunglasses.

I don't have a Wet Suit for my aircraft but that in no way takes anything away from the fact that we have had MANY members with very happy reports from their purchase from Phantom Rain. Of course you can't please everyone but I will go on record saying the vast majority of Phantom Wet Suit Owners (that have posted here) are very pleased with their product.

I've said it before.. and I'll say it again.. "I would be willing to buy one, and test it out here in central Florida where it rains just about everyday.. but according to your website you don't guarantee your product even works.

"Do you offer a guarantee that no water will get inside the drone: Some of the vents are left open so the drone can breathe , so no we do not , but there is no better way to secure your drone than with a Phantom Rain Wet Suit , there are just to many benefits. "

In my opinion.. That would be like buying a drone with intentions of flying it, just to find out that it really doesn't fly and it simply looks cool and is shiny.

yea, but you don't have to worry about my pool pump or my AC motor falling out of the sky and damaging or hurting anyone or anything..
i’m not saying i would buy one because i wouldn’t my drones cost to much money to risk any damage

I think the biggest misconception on the neoprene skin is that on a human water flows inside the suit and is isolated from the outside water where it is warmed by the body. Together they form a heat layer to keep a person warm. Water does NOT flow through a neoprene wetsuit.

On a drone, this still creates a barrier which isolates the drone from water. It would also hold in heat, although water (rain) is great at removing heat.

If the battery getting wet is an issue and you do plan on flying in precipitation, some sort protection will be needed.

Biggest concern I have is the trapping of heat. The M2 Pro get's plenty hot during flight, at least both of mine do, on the bottom, unlike the MPP, which had the heat sink, cooling fins on the bottom. The Batteries also get much warmer, at least now in the summertime. Flip is that in winter, said skin may be an asset, as it's common for me to see a message from DJIGO4 stating, to keep the battery in my pocket to get it warmer.

The heat issues I am seeing on the M2 Pro concern me, but so far I have not gotten any messages or errors, as a stills photographer, I hover a lot more than fly around, so the drone IMO will get hotter since it's moving as often, just panning.

Paul C

Biggest concern I have is the trapping of heat. The M2 Pro get's plenty hot during flight, at least both of mine do, on the bottom, unlike the MPP, which had the heat sink, cooling fins on the bottom. The Batteries also get much warmer, at least now in the summertime. Flip is that in winter, said skin may be an asset, as it's common for me to see a message from DJIGO4 stating, to keep the battery in my pocket to get it warmer.

The heat issues I am seeing on the M2 Pro concern me, but so far I have not gotten any messages or errors, as a stills photographer, I hover a lot more than fly around, so the drone IMO will get hotter since it's moving as often, just panning.

Paul C

Nobody hovers more than we do to film the Wet Suit in action. On average 23 to 26 minutes in the same spot.

Keep in mind that the battery covers our 1.5mm thin compared to the wet suit that is 2.mm thin ,its really minimal and the neoprene can stay cooler under the direct sun, you can however double up the Battery Cover for extreme cold weather flying.

As far as the battery heat issue your reading about and the swelling of the batteries, we have found that moisture is part of the problems which is
why we needed to protect the Power Button. The power button is prone to all sorts or elements , Rain, moisture, snow, dirt and sand.

One of the test we did was run the Battery Under Water without the Wet Suit and after about 3 days we had the battery showing signs of swelling.

Once the Power Button was protected , no more swelling of the battery.
since heat is minimal , the benefits completely out weigh the heat.

We our still using the same battery for all or our flights in the Rain and its solid , no signs of any problems.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in and out of the Storm
Coal

Untill that day will just keep posting videos of us flying in the rain.
Well over 100 videos now. and dont forget we can float on the water now. ((Sea lander Jackets )) ;)

Just having fun, Thank you.

Reactions: BigAl07

The claims are not extraordinary- at least not to the extent that it might prove difficult to obtain the evidence sufficient to prove or falsify them. The product can’t prevent moisture entering the drone- the manufacturer doesn’t claim it can. It is said to provide a better chance of operating in the rain which it would seem, from many testimonials, it does.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
I've found them to live up to the claims and know people who've used these things for many short M2P flights in downpour and blizzard conditions and have gotten great shots. Duct tape is not a good look. No evidence of overheating during many tests -- I suppose it's possible if you push your luck and used optional vent plugs on a hot sunny day but's that's unnecessary.

3rd parties will be reluctant to offer endorsements because flight in foul weather is arguably illegal thanks to FAA visibility regs. A startup can't risk guaranteeing they're waterproof but they work as claimed when used with common sense precautions.

A M2P can fall out of the sky during a short flight in heavy fog due to the dumb funnel shaped battery compartment. These skins pay off quickly if you want to do your job safely in wet conditions.

I've found them to live up to the claims and know people who've used these things for many short M2P flights in downpour and blizzard conditions and have gotten great shots. Duct tape is not a good look. No evidence of overheating during many tests -- I suppose it's possible if you push your luck and used optional vent plugs on a hot sunny day but's that's unnecessary.

3rd parties will be reluctant to offer endorsements because flight in foul weather is arguably illegal thanks to FAA visibility regs. A startup can't risk guaranteeing they're waterproof but they work as claimed when used with common sense precautions.

A M2P can fall out of the sky during a short flight in heavy fog due to the dumb funnel shaped battery compartment. These skins pay off quickly if you want to do your job safely in wet conditions.

Excellent endorsement. Thanks for sharing your experience and insight.

Allen

Thank you for the Endorsement as we have now over 100 videos with clients world wide using the Wet Suits on a wide variety of drones.

We now know 1 warning that your drone is about ready to fall out of the sky: " Battery can no longer connect to the drone " 1 second latter the drone will flip and fall out of the sky.

With a Mavic Wet Suit : you can get in and out of the Storm without compromising your battery.

Some people may Joke about it but we say : Get home safely , Job well done , Search and Rescue in any weather conditions. Thank you again for your support

Were still flying in the rain every chance we get !
Here is some brutal rain falling down on to the Mavic Air 2 its almost overwhelming to watch. lol

Phantomrain.org
Feel free to email me for the Forum Discount as you will not find it on the webpage.
[email protected]

Last edited:
I’d hardly say he is spamming. The question was asked and he is an approved vendor that answered. I’m not a firm believer in this tech, but I do believe he has been appropriate in his promotion of his own products
I asked a question (my first ever!) about wraps and or silicone jackets and Ive had 6 messages from him ....selling hard .....so far!

: But you have asked me a HALF DOZEN questions all of which I have done my very best to answer. not to mention a questions about Jackets. LOL
So you got me good , well played... but if you want people to Respect your questions that you ask, This is not a good way to go about it by Shaming those that take the time to answer them for you.

So I am sorry that I answered your questions but I truly thought you were sincere. ..

And that does not include this thread: That you were asking questions about.

View attachment 107789
Im not sure why you consider my comment "shaming",I am sincere and my comment was supposed to be light hearted. Y es I asked lots of questions in response to the PM you sent me. I had never heard of your product until you PM me. I thought that my questions were fair, no? My comment here was supposed to endorse your prompt and thorough replies , as I said selling hard - pointing out the benefits of your product , seems reasonable to me, also seems everyone here is very touchy on this subject! I did not look at the date of the post - just did a search whilst doing my homework on a product I was now getting interested it. I would ask who is shaming who here?

Im not sure why you consider my comment "shaming",I am sincere and my comment was supposed to be light hearted. Y es I asked lots of questions in response to the PM you sent me. I had never heard of your product until you PM me. I thought that my questions were fair, no? My comment here was supposed to endorse your prompt and thorough replies , as I said selling hard - pointing out the benefits of your product , seems reasonable to me, also seems everyone here is very touchy on this subject! I did not look at the date of the post - just did a search whilst doing my homework on a product I was now getting interested it. I would ask who is shaming who here?

Here is the comment you should have said. THANK YOU.
Really that is all it takes to keep people answering your questions, but shaming and attacking is not a good way to do it.

Reactions: lorpal
What I have read so far, one can conclude that it is most effective to cover up just the battery power button in order to protect the most vulnerable point.
Couldn't that be done with a clear piece of Scotch tape? This surely won't last a lifetime but it is easily removed and replaced.

Reactions: lorpal and mr.jipi_
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki