DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What a difference -1 makes....

You need to use +1 sharpness to turn off the horrible noise filter that makes trees look like water color paintings. Please check the existing threads that discuss this in detail. Yes, it will over sharpen, but you can soften in post processing. 2.7K looks pretty good with +1 sharpening.
Cybernate is correct. I can't believe how many people still don't get this simple setting to keep the Mavic noise filter at bay. Write out a pink sticky note and paste it to the top of your controller maybe so it is easier to understand. SET TO +1 -1 -1 to overcome DJI's faulty noise filter. LOL

But +1 sharpness is over sharpened and looks amateurish. It can also produce a lot of noise and flickering. So there's a fair bit of post work needed to get it looking good. You have to decide if you'd rather lose some detail or have the extra work. I don't think there's a right or wrong.

I would rather have a little over sharpness than big botches of mush all over in different spots. You can post soften the entire image later if it's too sharp.

But +1 sharpness is over sharpened and looks amateurish. It can also produce a lot of noise and flickering. So there's a fair bit of post work needed to get it looking good. You have to decide if you'd rather lose some detail or have the extra work. I don't think there's a right or wrong.
That's true. 2.7k looks better than 4k at +1 sharpening, but still over sharpened.

I agree with all the posts that suggest 0 or +1 with current firmware. I had great results at -1 back in October/November of 2016 but found that it turned all greenery to mush by late december. Now I use +1. It is unbelieveable to me that these clowns keep changing things that don't need changing with each and every firmware update. I have stopped updating firmware to limit such stupid intrusions but realize that I may be forced to update again soon.

I'm so over this whole camera flickering and mush thing that I'm about ready to start hanging my Blackmagic pocket cine cam under the Mavic and using that to shoot video instead. Just need to find a light enough lens and a way to securely hang it

I'm so over this whole camera flickering and mush thing that I'm about ready to start hanging my Blackmagic pocket cine cam under the Mavic and using that to shoot video instead. Just need to find a light enough lens and a way to securely hang it

Sell the mavic and get a phantom 4 pro. Job done

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman