DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What am I doing wrong please?

Yogi053

Reactions
Just got a Mini 2 and have completed a couple of flights. Now, I am happy with what I see on mobile device (Oneplus7t) and very happy with uploading SD card to Laptop (Acer).
I can then transfer files to a portable hard drive for feeding into a 65" LG Oled TV but when I play the video I get all the settings on the screen ie. EV, ISO, Height Distance GPS co-ordinates etc etc.
Don't get that when I play the files from my portable drive back to Laptop. Can anybody advise where I'm going/doing wrong? TIA

Just got a Mini 2 and have completed a couple of flights. Now, I am happy with what I see on mobile device (Oneplus7t) and very happy with uploading SD card to Laptop (Acer).
I can then transfer files to a portable hard drive for feeding into a 65" LG Oled TV but when I play the video I get all the settings on the screen ie. EV, ISO, Height Distance GPS co-ordinates etc etc.
Don't get that when I play the files from my portable drive back to Laptop. Can anybody advise where I'm going/doing wrong? TIA
Is it the subtitles file? If so you should be able to disable during playback on your TV.

Reactions: Yogi053
I don't ever get the "on screen" info when I playback my SD card via the TV (just happens to also be a 65" OLED)--and I would like to see it! What am I doing wrong? Are you doing screen capture (on the phone) or is this the drone recording?

I don't ever get the "on screen" info when I playback my SD card via the TV (just happens to also be a 65" OLED)--and I would like to see it! What am I doing wrong? Are you doing screen capture (on the phone) or is this the drone recording?
The files are straight from my sd card. I will have a look at what Malcx suggests and get back to you.

To Malcx, thank you,I have never seen those subtitles before on this TV. I can take them off and put them back on when required.
(I guess there is an awful lot of settings on this LG set that I have never used).
Thanks again.

The files are straight from my sd card. I will have a look at what Malcx suggests and get back to you.
Good advice from Malcx has put me right.
When you are viewing your files go to the 3 dots(...) bottom right hand of screen and you will find the subtitle settings at the top of the screen. You can adjust from there.

Well, no such luck for me: there are no subtitles to view. Guess there is a difference/enhancement between how the drones capture video.

I'm going by the MM1 but MM2 should be the same.
Caption is a setting in Fly, but the caption is a separate stream as a subtitle embedded in the video file. I haven't seen a player show the subtitle by default. Heck, some don't even recognize it even though they support subtitles.

Your TV should have a setting to not show subtitles. It may be called close caption.

In previous models of DJI, the caption was an SRT file. I much prefer that as it's plain text, but lots of players don't support it.

Reactions: Emanáku
I'm going by the MM1 but MM2 should be the same.
Caption is a setting in Fly, but the caption is a separate stream as a subtitle embedded in the video file. I haven't seen a player show the subtitle by default. Heck, some don't even recognize it even though they support subtitles.

Your TV should have a setting to not show subtitles. It may be called close caption.

In previous models of DJI, the caption was an SRT file. I much prefer that as it's plain text, but lots of players don't support it.
I haven't seen any setting named caption in Dji Fly, and I thought my post at #7 cleared up my problems re subtitles on drone videos on my TV. (as it did)

I haven't seen any setting named caption in Dji Fly, and I thought my post at #7 cleared up my problems re subtitles on drone videos on my TV. (as it did)
In the DJI Fly app in Settings -> Camera -> Advanced Shooting Settings is an option "Video Subtitles". When you switch it on, the drone records an extra file like DanMan32 said. This "subtitle file" has the ending .srt and shows certain flight data.

That some TVs play this subtitle and some not is a function (or absence of this function) of the TV. Usually you can switch it off or on.

Look at your SD card, if you can see the .srt files there. If you don't want them, then switch off the option in the Camera settings.

Turn off subtitles.

D

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143