DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What are these 2 files please?

johnbirt

Reactions
Managed to get some air time with M2 Pro in a short weather window today. When I got the video files off the drone as well as .MP4 files I had a .MP4.avc1 and a .MP4.trinf file. What are these please?

Managed to get some air time with M2 Pro in a short weather window today. When I got the video files off the drone as well as .MP4 files I had a .MP4.avc1 and a .MP4.trinf file. What are these please?

AVC1 is a codec file (should probably normally be embedded in your video file). I didn't recognize TRINF so I googled it, and it seems to be associated with corrupt videos.

Have you played the MP4 these are associated with yet?

There are some discussions that might help you in the results of this google:

My guess: something you did might have stopped the video from closing properly (like turn the AC off when the video is still recording).

Chris

AVC1 is a codec file (should probably normally be embedded in your video file). I didn't recognize TRINF so I googled it, and it seems to be associated with corrupt videos.

Have you played the MP4 these are associated with yet?

There are some discussions that might help you in the results of this google:

My guess: something you did might have stopped the video from closing properly (like turn the AC off when the video is still recording).

Chris
Thanks Chris that figures. I think the 2 files are due to corruption there was 1 video that didn't play and caused Win 10 to freak.
I think you are correct with the corruption due to switching off prematurely. I think I switched off manually when it landed with video still recording as you said. Not a big loss as they were simple test videos while learning to avoid boats tall masts and riggings in a creek. The other 8 were fine if not prize winning.

I do not know if this always works, but with my M2P I one time did not stop the video stream before shutting down the bird. When I downloaded the MP4 file, it made my computer indicate a bad file. Fortunately for me, I did not immediately delete the file from by card, mostly because I have a large card and only purge it when I get more than 50% full. The next time I flew the drone, it corrected and closed out the previous bad recording, and I could read the file fine. I did not do anything in the way of recover, the system did it all automatically. I am much more careful now to always shut down the video while landing.

I have forgotten to stop the video before shutting down the Ipad and controller a couple of times.

Both times I restarted them (and as long as the drone itself hadn't also been shut down) the video file closed properly and played fine on my pc.

Good knowledge thanks to all. Fortunately what was corrupted was of no real importance as I was just doing figure 8s and squares and flying over old abandoned boats/yachts in a place where old boats go to rust and die so have plenty of practice footage all much the same. Good to know for when I get more proficient and losing stuff would be a shame.

Reactions: mereflyer
I have forgotten to stop the video before shutting down the Ipad and controller a couple of times.

Both times I restarted them (and as long as the drone itself hadn't also been shut down) the video file closed properly and played fine on my pc.
Even if you had turned off the AC, turning it back on would rectify the issue.

Reactions: lilewis
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imMike507