DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What are your expectations for Mavic 3

As a Mavic 2 Pro owner for 4 days the things I would have wanted is 4K60 and USB-C on the controller. It's really too bad it doesn't have 4K60 but I wanted the portability over the Phantom 4 Pro
The USB connection is in the middle of the controller under the fold out arms to hold phones, etc. I use it to connect my CS when flying my M2P. Disconnect the cable from the left side of the controller first in order for it to work.

Now back to everyone’s great wish lists!

Selectable ATTI mode
RF tracking mode that is enabled upon permanent signal loss
More versatile gimbal that can shoot vertical photos.

It needs to be as Epic a Release as Mavic Pro was.
Which was because of
-Speed,
-altitude
-distance,
-4k camera (Finally you could use that 4K tv)
-Console style controller/design which appealed
to anyone with taste
-it let you integrate your awesome smartphone.

Conclusion: it was more fun/power than any individual should have

So the more i think about it Mavic 3 may need to have a pilot's seat to
get me that pumped again

Reactions: cloneme
The USB connection is in the middle of the controller under the fold out arms to hold phones, etc. I use it to connect my CS when flying my M2P. Disconnect the cable from the left side of the controller first in order for it to work.

Now back to everyone’s great wish lists!
Sure, but that doesn't help charging with a USB-C cable so as not having to lug around a MicroUSB cable just for the remote.

Selectable ATTI mode
RF tracking mode that is enabled upon permanent signal loss
More versatile gimbal that can shoot vertical photos.

Yes, selectable ATTI! I forgot that one.

For me, the Mavic 2 Pro is **** near perfect;
- It has all the object sensors one could wish
- Flies like a dream
- Sufficient flying time per battery, anything more would just be a nice to have
- Weight/Size would be nice if it could come down, to fit within regulations and for travelling, but from a flying perspective it is good for me

So, the only real wishes I have would be on the camera front:
- Higher frame rate would be nice
- Option to zoom or at least change lenses
- Option to fit a 360 camera as standard... TBH, if I were DJI, I would release a Mavic 3 Pro with a new camera with interchangeable lenses, and a Mavic 3 360 with a 360 camera.

Reactions: cloneme
The only good 360 camera would be a bubble on top of the Aircraft, so you could look around at the Sun and Airliners,
and possible damage to your drone.
Oh and for watching bee swarms getting diced

Half the size, twice the speed and flight time. 128 GB of on board storage - 8k video @ 60 FPS.

what?

The only good 360 camera would be a bubble on top of the Aircraft, so you could look around at the Sun and Airliners,
and possible damage to your drone.
Oh and for watching bee swarms getting diced
Oh yee of little faith!
How about a bubble on the top and one on the bottom and software to stitch it together without the drone in view?

Reactions: razoraerial
I am in complete agreement with the serious suggestions, (the others were funny as heck,) and to the list I would add:

- Dual compasses (and please give us the magnetic heading in Go4...PLEASE?)

- Ability to use the right wheel for horizontal gimbal panning

- Built-in, folding landing gear

- I REALLY like the idea of an integrated strobe(s) and a 1 to 1 sensor readout. Ditto for a mechanical shutter and 4k 60.

The transponder idea is great but odds are, a strong enough transmitter to meet the requirements of the Feds to operate in the ATC system, would be too much for the battery (not to mention the size of the radio.)

I would like to see a drone design which favours automatic battery changing: drained drone lands on some roof and a robotic arm removes the empty battery and inserts a fresh one in. The drained battery goes to charger and the drone takes off again. Simples if DJI designs the battery box on the drone with this in mind.

Better connectivity between controller and bird.

Sensors that work at a greater distance so they would be operational at higher speeds.

Waterproofing

More cameras so that you can see behind you.

Integrated Beacon

Reactions: Former Member
I am in complete agreement with the serious suggestions, (the others were funny as heck,) and to the list I would add:

- Dual compasses (and please give us the magnetic heading in Go4...PLEASE?)

- Ability to use the right wheel for horizontal gimbal panning

- Built-in, folding landing gear

- I REALLY like the idea of an integrated strobe(s) and a 1 to 1 sensor readout. Ditto for a mechanical shutter and 4k 60.

The transponder idea is great but odds are, a strong enough transmitter to meet the requirements of the Feds to operate in the ATC system, would be too much for the battery (not to mention the size of the radio.)

Great call on th panning, that should be a firmware change. It pans well with goggles.

I like a lot of the suggestions above! I'd like a complete system to include the ability to "customize" the configuration on purchase if possible. If not, then I'd like batteries to be able to be optionally charged by USB cable. I'd like the kit to include a quality backpack which carries all the above and (as long as I am dreaming) a solar panel to charge the systems in the back country. The props should be ultra-quiet and available in colors. I'd like to have a kit include an all-in-one charger that charges three batteries and the controller and the phone/iPad at once, that also is able to plug in to a vehicle power port (cigarette lighter for us old folks). The drone should have a solar collector exoskeleton to trickle charge the battery in flight to extend the flight time.

Reactions: Former Member

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ADK Dragonfly