DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What are your expectations for Mavic 3

MavicFT1P

Reactions
Assuming DJi is continuing with the Mavic Family of Drones.

What improvements, Things would you like to see in the Next iteration?

Reactions: KimAllen
Assuming DJi is continuing with the Mavic Family of Drones.

What improvements, Things would you like to see in the Next iteration?

I think the 4K 60p is mandatory it’s really disappointing that it isn’t available with the M2.

I like the waterproofing idea and shouldn’t be that big of a deal to do.

I would also really like to be able to apply my own 3D LUT to the live view. Litchi has a built in LUT for live view for D-Log but I don’t really like their LUT I want to pick my own.

This is a long shot but being able to see the live view feed from the optical sensors. Would be nice to be able to check real quick what’s around me.

Some of the following seem like they'll be a cert, the latter ones maybe not so much but a pilot can dream:
  • 4k60p
  • Global shutter
  • Improvements to DR & low-light performance
  • Longer flight time
  • USB-C on RC
  • Improved collision avoidance
  • Improved subject tracking/follow-me modes
  • Stable hover mode for longer exposures and timelapses
  • Filter thread, or at least an easier to swap clip setup
  • User changeable lenses, especially for the M2P replacement (maybe a bit much to expect a zoom on a 1" sensor)
  • M2E style expansion port on all models, and open up the interface specs for third party addons
  • Hardpoints on the legs for mounting things like strobes or enhanced landing gear (hand-catch without the risk of drawing blood or water landings anyone?)
On the software side, more flight modes including finer control over waypoint based missions and pre-programmed video modes.

Last edited:
I think the 4K 60p is mandatory it’s really disappointing that it isn’t available with the M2.

I like the waterproofing idea and shouldn’t be that big of a deal to do.

I would also really like to be able to apply my own 3D LUT to the live view. Litchi has a built in LUT for live view for D-Log but I don’t really like their LUT I want to pick my own.

This is a long shot but being able to see the live view feed from the optical sensors. Would be nice to be able to check real quick what’s around me.

I think i just did as many "likes" as I have done all day.

I think a rear/under or over camera is an excellent idea. The optical sensors are just cams arent they?

Now this one is a long shot, but imagine if you could see your Mavic 3rd person (think rear camera on a MotoGp bike)

But as for Must haves:
- 4K/60
- 35-40 mins flight time I think is reasonable
- USB-C 3.1 goes without saying

I think i just did as many "likes" as I have done all day.

I think a rear/under or over camera is an excellent idea. The optical sensors are just cams arent they?

Now this one is a long shot, but imagine if you could see your Mavic 3rd person (think rear camera on a MotoGp bike)

But as for Must haves:
- 4K/60
- 35-40 mins flight time I think is reasonable
- USB-C 3.1 goes without saying
Yea they are, the inspire already has this capability. The top sensor is an IR sensor though can’t look up the sun would fry an optical sensor.

Built in strobes that run off the flight battery.

A huge back pack large enough to carry a fully expanded drone and an assembled controller with 7 dbi antenna and a mounted iPad with a massive sun shade! [emoji15]

Wings and propulsion changed by button on controller for either out and winged mode or drone mode. If nothing else would be cool extra outputs on it and buttons use them

Reactions: brett8883
Wings and propulsion changed by button on controller for either out and winged mode or drone mode. If nothing else would be cool extra outputs on it and buttons use them

Dude I’ve been trying to think of a way to put wings on the Mavic! That’s a good one add it to my wish list.

This has been a great thread thanks @MavicFT1P. I hope DJI is watching. Great free market research

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdevyview