DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What Are Your Favorite EXP Settings For Smooth Video?

Drone Master

Rest In Peace, Fellow Pilot
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Hey Pilots!
As many of us know, EXP settings for our aircraft can make or break what we get from our videos.
The features we get with our Mavics are amazing to say the least.

What are your favorite settings for your EXP with in the Go 4 app for your smoothest video shots?
If possible, please post a link to a video you have made using those settings.

There are many YT videos out there that explain the best cinematic settings including aircraft EXP and gimbal pitch settings, Tripod mode, Etc, however I want to see yours.

Please feel free to share what you have. I am curious to see what works best for you and what others think.
I may start a poll on this subject in a future thread.

Last edited:
Example image of EXP in the app.
Adjusting the yaw to .15 or .20 seems to work best for most, but also depends on actual camera settings as well.
What are your preferred settings?36BC625A-C5D6-4A1A-B30E-084ECD55E799.jpeg

Mine are set to .25, .20.25.

If we alter these settings from the factory default, do they affect Cinematic mode, or does Cinematic mode ignore the EXP settings while in Cinematic mode?

Funny I set mine 10 across the board very smooth These drone from China are on steroid s and have to be slowed down a lot

Example image of EXP in the app.
Adjusting the yaw to .15 or .20 seems to work best for most, but also depends on actual camera settings as well.
What are your preferred settings?View attachment 55458
mine are 0.40 0.15 0.30 from left to right

Hey all,

Edit: M2P, latest firmware and DJI Go 4 versions

Resurrecting this thread, because either I'm doing something wrong or EXP has changed.

Here's the issue:
  • The above info (and other sources) say these EXP settings should default to 0.40, 0.40, 0.40.
  • But when I go to the EXP settings, I get the defaults of 0.25, 0.20, 0.25.
  • I can go back one page to Advanced Settings and hit Reset Gain & Expo Tuning and get the same thing (verified after changing the EXP settings and hitting Reset)
  • The controller is in P mode, not Tripod
  • I am in Normal mode, as seen when I press the Intelligence Flight (controller) Icon on the left side (just above APAS)
  • APAS is off
I have tried setting Rudder / Rotate to it's lowest setting of 0.10. It does not seem as slow / smooth as
the few videos I've seen (such as the above) from a low EXP Rudder settings of 0.15 and 0.20 (from a default of 0.40).

When I put it in Tripod mode (the EXP Rudder setting stays at 0.10), the yaw slows down a bit. Putting it back into P mode and it speeds up a bit.

Am I missing a setting that's causing these values to be so low as a default? Or has a subsequent firmware update changed the behavior of these?

Chris

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato