DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What backpack do you use for your drone(s)?

For our Phantom 4 Pro Plus, we use a relatively inexpensive purpose-fitting P4 drone hardcase backpack.

But for carrying a variety of equipment on your back, including a smaller drone (and we now additionally have a Mini 2), you really can't go wrong with a Lowepro backpack. Which model depends upon what equipment you have to carry and which year you get one (as updates regularly happen). They are very well designed, built to last, and comfortable to carry over long distances. Lowepro listen to, as well as cater for, the professional market - but their biggest market is the enthusiast photographer. Yes, you'll pay a bit more but the investment is 100% worthwhile. The larger backpacks have an integrated waterproof cover that tucks away when not needed. There are dividers and pockets to cater for almost any combination of gear. Zips are a major consideration, being the potential weak-point you should most worry about, and Lowepro know this and so use the best available.

Manfrotto - best known for quality tripods, light stands, etc - do a small padded shoulder bag that is a better option to the DJI Mini 2 bag supplied with the Combo. In the past, Amazon have offered all three sizes at a ridiculously low price, albeit in one non-black very tasteful colour. We use two of them for a variety of situations.

Reactions: MikeinMO
For our Phantom 4 Pro Plus, we use a relatively inexpensive purpose-fitting P4 drone hardcase backpack.

But for carrying a variety of equipment on your back, including a smaller drone (and we now additionally have a Mini 2), you really can't go wrong with a Lowepro backpack. Which model depends upon what equipment you have to carry and which year you get one (as updates regularly happen). They are very well designed, built to last, and comfortable to carry over long distances. Lowepro listen to, as well as cater for, the professional market - but their biggest market is the enthusiast photographer. Yes, you'll pay a bit more but the investment is 100% worthwhile. The larger backpacks have an integrated waterproof cover that tucks away when not needed. There are dividers and pockets to cater for almost any combination of gear. Zips are a major consideration, being the potential weak-point you should most worry about, and Lowepro know this and so use the best available.

Manfrotto - best known for quality tripods, light stands, etc - do a small padded shoulder bag that is a better option to the DJI Mini 2 bag supplied with the Combo. In the past, Amazon have offered all three sizes at a ridiculously low price, albeit in one non-black very tasteful colour. We use two of them for a variety of situations.
I’ve been looking at the Lowepro 450 for my Air2s Flymore, OM 4, laptop, and other random stuff/cables/etc. Any idea of that bag will adequately hold all that, or will it be overkill with the size?

Recommend the Mountainsmith Borealis AT ( Borealis ). Sturdy, well-made, good suspension/weight-bearing, good compartments, and includes a built-in rain cover. And still has room for your lunch.

Just bought used off FB Marketplace for $35 incl shipping (Case-Logic-SLRC-206-15.4" laptop backpack) - like new condition. Got for Air 2s fly more. Very customizable with lots of compartments. Can carry tablet, phone, sun sheild, strobes, vr goggles, and Smatree portable multi battery charger for those times I want to just stay out flying and a host of other accessories and cords. I felt the case that the drone came with was too cramped to fit all the items I wanted on hand, but didn't want to go the hard case route as still wanted portability.

Lowepro Fastpack BP 250 AW II carry my Mavic zoom smart controller 3 batterys my Epson bt35e glasses landing pad bottle of water plus snacks had it for 3yrs know very durable.​

Just bought used off FB Marketplace for $35 incl shipping (Case-Logic-SLRC-206-15.4" laptop backpack) - like new condition. Got for Air 2s fly more. Very customizable with lots of compartments. Can carry tablet, phone, sun sheild, strobes, vr goggles, and Smatree portable multi battery charger for those times I want to just stay out flying and a host of other accessories and cords. I felt the case that the drone came with was too cramped to fit all the items I wanted on hand, but didn't want to go the hard case route as still wanted portability.

received_996172071012171.jpegreceived_462048792267294.jpegreceived_683192842678826.jpegreceived_205442635077041.jpeg

When I bought a drone for myself, I had not yet thought about buying myself a backpack, but when the need arose, I decided to look on the Internet at the prices of these backpacks.

I use a camera backpack, of which I have too many. :) Which one I use depends on what I'm carrying (drone. DSLT, tripod, etc), so anything from my old LowePro up to a capacious ThinkTank.

I use a backpack I bought form Oakley at least 10 years ago. It has 2 waterproof compartments. It can fit 2 drones in minimalist cases (polar pro for my spark and MPP, PGY tech for my Air2s). On top of that I can get a DSLR w/ smaller lenses, landing pad, a slew of random things from playing cards, pens, business cards, sunglasses etc.

I should upgrade but it still serves its purposes.

I also use a LowePro Back Pack.
My Mavic Pro is set up ready to go. No one can see what's in my back pack
when walking to location.

I (unfortunately) did NOT purchase the Mavic 3 combo and only the bird by itself.

Now I've had to go and purchase just the DJI bag on ebay now that I know what I was missing. That and another battery, too, of course.
The bag is super high quality with heavy metal buckles and, as you know, opens up to a full backpack if I want to travel with the M3 and my Nikon together. There's more than enough room to pack a lunch or even a change of clothes. It's pretty darn roomy if I need it to be. It has a handle and a (hidable) shoulder strap to carry like a messenger bag.. That's the way I use it most of the time. I'm happy with it.

Attachments

• s-l500.png
    s-l500.png
    290.8 KB · Views: 0
  • s-l500-1.png
    s-l500-1.png
    198.1 KB · Views: 0
When I bought a drone for myself, I had not yet thought about buying myself a backpack, but when the need arose, I decided to look on the Internet at the prices of these backpacks. And I was shocked by how high the prices for a backpack for a drone are! I could use my old army backpack for such purposes, which is probably better in quality than other "special" backpacks for a drone. It seems to me that you can even use a casual backpack for this! But I recently ordered child-resistant bags from this site -- Child Resistant Laminated Pouches Dispensary Smell Proof Exit Bags, and this is a truly necessary thing for a family.

When I bought a drone for myself, I had not yet thought about buying myself a backpack, but when the need arose, I decided to look on the Internet at the prices of these backpacks. And I was shocked by how high the prices for a backpack for a drone are! I could use my old army backpack for such purposes, which is probably better in quality than other "special" backpacks for a drone. It seems to me that you can even use a casual backpack for this! But I recently ordered child-resistant bags from this site -- Child Resistant Laminated Pouches Dispensary Smell Proof Exit Bags, and this is a truly necessary thing for a family.
You're right that you can always utilize other bags and packs to carry just about anything. The "special" bags, however, fit your drone to a T with the needed and designed protection. They are made just for your particular drone and are a million times easier to navigate through and pack up. Your old army canvas rucksack is fine but will never be as clean and neat and well fitting for this specialized product as a pack made specifically for it.

I've carried my other drones in different packs and camera bags over the years but nothing beats a bag made just for your drone. The DJI canvas bag in the above post is light years more protective (and better looking and practical) than anything the army has to offer as far as packs go.

So, you're right if you want to go No-Frills. But if you've got the money for a drone I would splurge on a proper protective and fitting bag so you won't look homeless and will have a little faith that your rig won't get damaged.

I use a Lowepro Flipside Trek BP 450 AW. Currently carries DSLR with medium lens, Mini 2, RC-N1, battery charging hubs, mount+sunshade, 99Wh powerbank to recharge on the fly, toolbox, tablet, food, water, clothes, landing pad, etc. And doesn't feel full/squashed (there's room for more, and yet it doesn't feel like a huge bag).
I can access most things without having to put the bag down on the ground (useful with the current flood situation).

Most "drone bags" are tailored to a specific layout and don't offer much flexibility. I expect this bag will continue to cope for a while with my changing requirements.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lboogie007