DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What can a controller do that an SC cant?

I am beginning to think that this thread is in a helix death spiral.

I LOVE the SC! I have no reasons other than my emotional attachment to it. More justification is unnecessary. (g)

Now that a person can pick up a used CS 5.5 for around $250 - $300, it makes a great add-on to an existing set up.

If you are looking for that "dedicated device" to use with all your drones, the CS fits the bill.

After playing around with a 5.5" CS and also a 7.85" CS display, I think the 5.5 is too small to easily use Litchi. A 5.5" display for Litchi is rather undersized. Adjusting Litchi waypoints makes it difficult, and Litchi is much better run on a bigger display, whether it be an iPad mini, CS 7.85, or S9+..

Locked up on me a few days ago during flight. Usually only does it when starting up, or updating firmware. Does it lock up on you during flight?
I haven't flown with the SC yet.
I barely broke it out of the box lastnight to Update firmware and Paring.

Sorta paranoid after reading some of the replies. So I figured I ask more in-depth about it.

Reactions: Former Member
I recommend that people that are just buying SC's, get all the updates done, fly with DJI Go 4 for at least a few flights before even attempting Litchi.

I haven't flown with the SC yet.
I barely broke it out of the box lastnight to Update firmware and Paring.

Sorta paranoid after reading some of the replies. So I figured I ask more in-depth about it.

You might not get any sleep tonight. Dont worry, youre in good company Im working all tonight and all weekend.

Pardon if these have been mentioned:

Advantages of having your own screen device (iPad, etc.) over the SC:
  • Larger size (duh)
  • Headphone jack -- I don't think the SC has that, does it? If you want to hear the cheery audio telling you those things sweetly in your ear (handy if you're in a noisy place, like a construction zone, next to a freeway, etc.).
  • Keep a spare tablet in your pack
  • Has anyone done a battery performance comparison? An iPad air probably has a larger battery than the SC, and of course the Std. controller has it's own battery.
  • As already mentioned, the Std. controller has its own status LCD screen, which is handy if your tablet goes out or DJI GO crashes.
Chris

I would like to have a battery indicator for the S.C. on the display, rather than just the lights on the top of the device, 5, giving you increments of 20% range each. It was nicer having aircraft and controller percentages beside each other for the glance.

This thread appears to be mostly “everyone has problems with their SC” instead of the original topic. Shame on the hijacker to not starting his own thread and instead hijacking this one

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair