DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What cards for 1080p flights

Gros2

Reactions
Well I know for 4K footage it’s 16gb (per batt) and 25-50mb/s+ cards

But what about 1080p joy flights are budget class 10 cards fine. Also is there a basic rule for time as well eg 30 min = xxgig

Yes I know it means transferring takes longer but I don’t care to much as it will all be done at home.

Any of the memory cards listed here will be fine for shooting video in 1080p. The memory cards on that list with the lower write speeds (like the SanDisk Ultra) are more budget-friendly.

Last edited:
Good quality microSD cards can be had so cheaply these days I wouldn't risk losing footage to a "budget card." You have a $1,000 drone, are you really going to quibble about a $20 microSD card?

That’s exacly why I’m going a good 64gb card or 2 and some cheaper cards cause on the 1080p flights I won’t care if I loose the footage.

Plus if I take the drone away camping at my property I won’t have pc access but have 240v/12v power thanks to my Solar pannel/dual battery/inverter set up so in theory could get quite a few flights in.

I can but prefer to run a few cards and the main benefit is I know the 64gb can handle 4 full flights. Plus the cheaper cards can be used in my other devices.

Yea I know I could upgrade all to my cards to u3 spec but seems pointless for 1080p

I carry a good Quality 10 class for 1080 P flights and A killer 64 GB card for my 4K flights. The only thing I need now is good weather to fly in. **** I pretty much have had a dust collector since I bought my MP Nov1st. Grrrr

Reactions: tedten
I’m still on holidays and refuse to pay the motels crazy price for wifi so no flying for me till I’m home.

Can’t even watch to many vids on YouTube. Just been buying stuff.

Oh got a 128gb Samsung EVo Plus. Plus a 3 pack of cheap 16gb class 10 cards and 3 SanDisk Ultra 16gbs. But kids will get some of them.

Why do you need Wi-Fi to fly?

For all the updates.
3 bats controller and Mavic Pro.
Plus I can’t even get the software as it’s over 100mb

Ah, you didn't setup anything yet. Yes, that could be a problem :(

Yea but got a smoking deal. They priced matched a grey import then i through it on Flexi rent as “computer equipment” as I can claim it on tax and they include warrenty and it’s only $100 au replacement. They generally don’t even the left over parts.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2p123